Logitech MX 518 Wired Mouse Replacement ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

Howdy all. My MX 518 wired mouse has been a stalwart companion for over a decade. But it is slowly dying on me.

I would like to go wireless but I'm on a budget.

Any recommendations?

TIA,

Wyo

If you're using it for gaming, you don't want to go wireless on a budget, the cheaper wireless mice don't perform well enough for serious gaming.
I would go with one of these: Logitech G900, G403, G602, or G700S, the cheapest you can probably find any of them is $40 on sale.

sharknice, thanks. I'll research those that you recommended. The reviews that I've seen on YT for and against wireless mice seem to back up what you are saying. But they also quite often point out that wireless mice are much heavier. Honestly, that's a plus to me. I've always found my corded MX 18 a bit too light.

Thanks, again.

Wyo

Mx 518 replacements as shape are:
Logitech g400s, g402, maybe g403 and g502.
I have the g400s and it's a good copy of the mx518, I will probably change shape for my next mouse.

leadays, thanks for the input. I'll have to bite soon.

And I'm leaning towards cordless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my MX518 go out as well, replaced with a G400s. Looks like that mouse is now $43 at newegg. The G402 replaced it...but the G400s was literally the same body with a optical sensor at 4000dpi instead of the original 1800dpi.

I have a G700s and love the shape but make sure you keep extra rechargeable batteries around since it eats them.

replaced my Logitech MX518 with a Gigabyte M8000X after I decide no more Logitech after poor customer service on trying to replace a different mouse I purchased on Amazon.

Still have my mx518, but recently opted for wireless. The Logitech G602 has the same comfortable hand position / "claw"seating as the mx518, with a ton more buttons that don't get in the way of my thumb like I was expecting them to. The matte finish gives it a great grip feeling as well. It's a little heavier which gives it a much more solid feel over the mx518.

u might like the Steel series Rival. If you're not into gaming hard, then the cheaper one will work, if into FPS games, then get the 300. Amazon has refurbished one's for a deal and I've got one and it was like new. I'm running a Logitech G303 now that I custom stippled, but prefer the shape and feel of the Rival 300, but the sensor in the G303 is better for me. The G303 shape sux tho.

Back