Logitech MX-1000 & my old MX-Duo ...

-MikeHawk-

Limp Gawd
I'm using the MX-Duo w/MX-700 & wireless keyboard. I'm just curious if I buy the MX-1000, will I still be able to use my wireless keyboard? Or will I lose it as well w/the upgrade? It looks as tho I'll lose it, but I really want that mouse. :(

you will have to use the duo mouse base for the keyboard. so you will have two mouse bases on your desk....

Yeah, more I look @ that, it's a really sharp looking combo. I kinda have to have a cordless mouse & keyboard. Plus wanted to use my MX-Duo on another rig in the office here. Guess I'll keep an eye out for the MX-3100 ... :)

Yes I'm currently using the MX1000 wth my MX Duo's charger station and the keyboard. The MX1000 will work/charge with the MX 700/Duo's charger station. The MX700 will not work with the MX1000's charger station. The signal will but the MX700 won't charge on the MX1000's station.

el_chubo said:
I have the mx-1000 and it is a great mouse, it's worth losing a keyboard for. :cool:

LOL.. you don't need to loose the keyboard. Your MX1000 will work with the MXduo's charger station so the keyboard can be used as well.

rowbear62468 said:
you will have to use the duo mouse base for the keyboard. so you will have two mouse bases on your desk....

NOO you won't have two mouse bases on your desk. You can ditch the MX1000 base and just use the MX Duo's base which WILL work with the MX1000 and the keyboard! People get your facts straight.

I am also running my MX1000 with the MX Duo charging station. It works great.

[BB] Rick James said:
NOO you won't have two mouse bases on your desk. You can ditch the MX1000 base and just use the MX Duo's base which WILL work with the MX1000 and the keyboard! People get your facts straight.

i apologize...i was under the impression that it would not...that completely rocks...thanks fot the info....wEeeee

ok, so how?
Do you need to install the drivers for the MX-1000 for it to recognise the mouse?
And not install the software for the keyboard(I don't use it anyways)?
So no problems w/the radio frequency or are they using the same freq?

Cause I'm watching this for replies. I will order this damn mouse right now. :D

-MikeHawk- said:
ok, so how?
Do you need to install the drivers for the MX-1000 for it to recognise the mouse?
And not install the software for the keyboard(I don't use it anyways)?
So no problems w/the radio frequency or are they using the same freq?

Cause I'm watching this for replies. I will order this damn mouse right now. :D

No drivers are needed. The MX1000 and the MX700 use the same frequencies. Thus both chargers are inner changable. The only thing is that the MX700 won't charge/fit in the MX1000's charger/receiver. The MX1000 will fit in the MXduo's charter station.

Back