Logitech M705 Any Good?

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
Looking for a wireless mouse. Rechargeable or really good battery life. For office, not for gaming.

Scroll wheel needs to be able to switch from "free-spinning" to normal "click" wheel.

From the Logitech website the M705 seems to fit the bill but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with one?

MX master also is a good contender.
My beef with logitech is the spinning ratchet design wears out very quickly if you are using it to 'auto release' or to 'auto stop'. I killed three, one took 2-3 days heavy CAD use.
Then the buttons died after two years and the battery died in similar time.

Logitech these days is JUNK compared to the old stuff.. so ensure you have an extended warranty/consumer protection depending where you are, because getting anything out of them warranty-wise is like getting blood from a stone. Very frustrating and I will not go back.

Check out the kensington expert.
https://www.kensington.com/p/products/control/trackballs/expert-mouse-wireless-trackball/
Wireless, wicked scroll ring and NO RSI. Seriously I can use the corded version for 8-12 hours a day straight in heavy workflows and not get fatigue. It takes 2-4 weeks to get used to it but now I'm faster, more accurate and not sore. Scrolling side to side on a 1440p screen is two fingers and it's a fraction of a second, fast than I can do it on any mouse.. my wrist doesn't move at all. I'll never go back to a standard mouse, even in shooting games I can do better with a trackball. It's the industry standard for many audio/video workflows (I see it used in the upper echelons of a related business often).

Once you go track, you don't go back xD

MX master also is a good contender.
Logitech these days is JUNK compared to the old stuff.. so ensure you have an extended warranty/consumer protection depending where you are, because getting anything out of them warranty-wise is like getting blood from a stone. Very frustrating and I will not go back.

When did the old days end?

Last mouse I bought was a logitech... like.. g70s - I honestly do not remember at all - for $60 on sale in like 2012. It started to die a couple months before the free manufacture's warranty expired, and logitech sent me the g700s for free, no questions asked. So I guess I've been using this mouse for 4/5 years now, and I lock/unlock the scroll wheel pretty regularly when looking at code. I lock the scroll wheel while it's still spinning to freeze the scroll action. I used to only use a laptop, so the mouse has also spent a lot of time traveling in a backpack.

trackball is a fine recommendation, especially if you use the mouse a lot. i prefer a nub or a touchpad to a mouse if i'm doing a lot of pointing work - like in excel. as it is though, I run openbox on linux and can use keyboard shortcuts for almost everything - since yeah, mice kind of suck for work

Back