Logitech Keyboard Mod.

Adrenaman

n00b
Here is my new Logitech Keyboard mod. I just hate the way the shortcut buttons look with all that lame text on them. So I decided to give my new keyboard a total makeover and retain functionality of the shortcut buttons. This is what I did last night for New Years, well and drank several beers in the processes.

Here I am cutting out the new buttons.
normal_keymod1.jpg

Forming and sanding the buttons
normal_keymod2.jpg

Cutting off the tops of the old buttons.
normal_keymod3.jpg

The new buttons ready to be glued.
normal_keymod4.jpg

Glueing on the buttons
normal_keymod5.jpg

Keyboard with new paint drying.
normal_keymod6.jpg

Keyboard with new paint drying
normal_keymod7.jpg

The finished freshly modded keyboard
normal_keymod8.jpg

Shot with lights out notice the UV green buttons.
normal_keymod9.jpg

Final close up shot.
normal_keymod10.jpg

nice work, wasnt sure when i seen you killing that plexi but I must say really nice. you got pics of the original keyboard?

I forgot to take a before pic lol but I found one on the web. I was planning on doing all the buttons but after several beers and frustration I decided not to. I probably still will though. Im also going to do my mouse as well soon.

Here is the before mod shot.
keyboard_before.jpg

yeah you could use that same button in that round black circle on the top of the mouse.

Off topic where did you get that green plexi from. Looks like it was an old window. Im trying to find colored plexi from some mods im doing involvng red and green.

If i can find where my wife hid my damn dremel.

Yeah that is the plan. Im just tired now was up late doing the keyboard. I just ordered a black U2-UFO case from mountainmods.com Im going to have my hands full modding it when it comes in. Ill post pics of it.

The keys look like they are back-lit... does the keyboard do that by default or did you mod that too?

Nice job on the buttons. Rounding small keys like that by hand is a real pain, I usually have a 25% success rate...

Definitley a hot mod. I'm looking at that same keyboard and crying now. It needs some style added to it.

man i had sum UV stuff on my keyboard (still do :-p ) and they have worn down, and just a heads up, u may want to install some sorta UV thing on ur keyboard otherwise people will be like WTF? so just my FYI i like it thou, looks hot

Not only do the UV buttons look great, but the all-black paint job is so much more sleek than that silver/white. I wish they sold them that way.

Back