Logitech Illuminated or Microsoft SideWinder X6?

CLock3

Gawd
I'm in the market for a new keyboard, and I've had my eye on both the Logitech Illuminated and the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 for a while now. Which one would you guys recommend? Is one better than the other as far as typing goes? I do a decent amount of typing, so that's priority. Gaming doesn't really influence the decision much. Most games I play these days, I use the 360 controller for, and I don't require anything crazy for the games that I do use the keyboard with. Things like macro keys aren't really important to me basically. I'm kinda leaning towards the Logitech, as I like the simple look of it and the white illumination instead of the SideWinder's red. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

They're both fine for typing. Since you're favoring the Logi already then get that. Or drop by your bestbuy and buy both to try.

I own both and I can say with certainty that the typing experience on the Logitech is miles ahead of the Sidewinder's "spongy" keys. Go with the Logitech.

Alright, thanks for all of the replies. Looks like I'm gonna go with the Logitech.

Alright, thanks for all of the replies. Looks like I'm gonna go with the Logitech.

Good choice. Try to actually type on one before purchasing (if you have the chance). I went to my local Best Buy but they didn't have one on display. Needless to say, I don't regret it. Very comfortable keyboard to type on.

If you're talking about key blocking, I highly doubt people type with ctrl-w-r.

Many complained about the phantom issue with the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and typing "n't" but I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Back