Logitech G9x Call of Duty mouse $49.99 w/free shipping

Sgraffite

Supreme [H]ardness
Logitech has dented box versions of these for $49.99. I've never seen this version of the mouse for sale, so I though it might be something CoD fans would be interested in. Here is what Logitech says about dented box merchandise:

Dented Box items from Logitech are products whose outer box has been torn, scratched, dented, or has other markings on it. The product itself is guaranteed to be in brand new condition and fully warranted. Sales are limited to quantities on hand. Limit 2 per customer.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/9989

Last edited:
G9x has bad side buttons I think people gloss over that to easily.

Those buttons are just not quick and responsive like normal buttons due to the lever mechanism separating them from real microswitch. Lots of people say they do not have problems or think they are great, but all I can say is you must not have very high standards. I own no less than 5 logitech G9 or G9x mice, this is not an isolated incedent they are all similar. Its like alot of people dont have any problem using a crappy dome switch keyboard with roll over issues. But there is no doubt that a good mechanical with NKRO blows that away and is less error prone.

The only solution I have seen from some serious gamers is to remove the shroud completely so they can directly press the side buttons. But then the mouse is really small.

I am not trying to kill it, this is a good price for a decent mouse at $50 but the mouse has an endemic problem no one seems to be picky enough to acknowledge and simply should not be the case on a $100 MSRP mouse.

I am not trying to kill it, this is a good price for a decent mouse at $50 but the mouse has an endemic problem no one seems to be picky enough to acknowledge and simply should not be the case on a $100 MSRP mouse.

Sadly I've also been coming to the realization that this is what a lot of Logitech's products are. They make a decent product, but yet they don't set the bar they just reach it and are satisfied at that, though it seems like a lot of their products are getting cheaper as they rename and rerelease them. Also it kind of becomes clear where there market is when they haven't even released a mechanical keyboard and their flagship speaker system keeps getting weaker but retaining the same price. No offense to people who use Logitech, it really isn't terrible stuff, but the brand definitely needs to step up their game if they wanna stay relevant in the gaming world.

The sad thing is they always come so close. Like remember the original G5 where they pulled that ridiculous blunder of only including 1 side button. Personally I think the G500 is the superior product it has everything the G9x has that it needs but it just lacks the internal memory for setting, multicolored LEDs and the gimmick stuff. That is $50 at newegg and the better way to go unless you have small hands or hate the shape.

I wont get into their lack of mechanical keyboards when every other brand is getting it already.

Personally I think the G500 is the superior product it has everything the G9x has that it needs but it just lacks the internal memory for setting, multicolored LEDs and the gimmick stuff. That is $50 at newegg and the better way to go unless you have small hands or hate the shape.

I used to have a G9 and it died under warranty. I asked Logitech for the G500 as a replacement (because of all the good reviews I read about it) and said it had a lower msrp and they obliged.

The sad thing is they always come so close. Like remember the original G5 where they pulled that ridiculous blunder of only including 1 side button. Personally I think the G500 is the superior product it has everything the G9x has that it needs but it just lacks the internal memory for setting, multicolored LEDs and the gimmick stuff. That is $50 at newegg and the better way to go unless you have small hands or hate the shape.

I wont get into their lack of mechanical keyboards when every other brand is getting it already.

My G5 has 2 side buttons?

The launch G5 only had one side button, later on they revamped it with 2 and a blu dirt collecting finish.

I used to have a G9 and it died under warranty. I asked Logitech for the G500 as a replacement (because of all the good reviews I read about it) and said it had a lower msrp and they obliged.

This is good to know I should check if one of my broken G9x is still under warranty.

I have had a G9 mouse for more than 2 years (went from a G7 that I loved but the wireless was killing me in-game)... and I still can not get use to it (ergonomically speaking). I am never happy with the position of the hand, if I release my hands from the mouse, the pointer goes all over the place... just weird. buttons work but never right, sometimes to slow, sometimes to fast, I need to adjust and readjust. Software is cool and you have 3 or 4 setup options for the buttons so... 1 setup for all your games, the next for software, music, etc, etc.

I paid about 40 bucks for mine back then. Just because they have added an X to it and that Cheesy MW3 logo does not mean that it should be worth $100 bucks... 50 bucks plus the game would have been an enticing proposition :D

Back