• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech G930 vs Creative Wow wireless headset

ageless

n00b
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
56
hey everyone i am in the market for a brand new headset. i am a bit hesitent on wireless so i would like to get your opinions on that subject also, but if i do go wireless which ones would you suggest

thanks
 
I haven't tried either of those, but in general for the same price range a wired one will most generally give you better audio quality. So unless you really need or prefer one I would go with a wired.

What's your budget, do you need the isolation, sounds like it'd be mostly for gaming but is listening to music also a preference, will you be using it only from the computer or a portable device too, what kind of sound card on your computer?
 
I have the Logitech G930, it's very nice and the battery lasts (I was having problems with it charging for a while, it wouldn't charge) but it CONSTANTLY disconnects and reconnects. It was supposedly fixed with the software update but it's not. I had the dongle plugged in the back of my PC and moved it to my monitor and that helped a bit, I plan to try it out in my Blackwidow when I get it to see if that resolves the issue as my router is next to my monitor which I think might be the problem.

I was going to get the WoW headset as I wanted a wireless headset and read quite a few reviews saying the WoW headset had lots of problems with the wireless connection..
 
I have the Logitech G930, it's very nice and the battery lasts (I was having problems with it charging for a while, it wouldn't charge) but it CONSTANTLY disconnects and reconnects. It was supposedly fixed with the software update but it's not. I had the dongle plugged in the back of my PC and moved it to my monitor and that helped a bit, I plan to try it out in my Blackwidow when I get it to see if that resolves the issue as my router is next to my monitor which I think might be the problem.

I was going to get the WoW headset as I wanted a wireless headset and read quite a few reviews saying the WoW headset had lots of problems with the wireless connection..

I also have the G930, but don't have the disconnecting problem. The only time I have to reconnect is if I've been away from my desk or haven't been using the headset for awhile. I'll wear them while I am working from home and will have to put them down to take/make a call and it's still connected when I am done. Now if I leave for lunch or to run errands and come back, then I have to reconnect, but it's as simple as pushing the power button on the headset.

I went wireless mainly because my one year old like to come into my office and pull on my headset cable. Now I don't have that problem and when they are not in use they are on a stand charging and out of the way.

I compared these to the WoW headset, and based on reviews and at the time the price, I went with the G930. I picked mine up at BB for $120 and the WoW headset was closer to $140.

Unfortunately there aren't many choices for wireless headsets for PC users. I was hoping we might see more with CES, but all the wireless headsets shown were for consoles AFAIK. G930 gets my vote for now, but I have never used the WoW one.
 
i will be using them only for gaming not for music or anything like that i dont need wireless i just thought if they worked well and i dont need the cable running either under my desk or ontop of my desk the better

thanks for the replies
 
Back
Top