Logitech G9 Replacement

Boots

Weaksauce
My G9 wont click or is very hard to. As you know the G9 was discontinued. Which mouse for 30-50 dollars, Lazer, I don't care for extra buttons. Claw Mouse too.

Thinking Corsair M65 but I'm not sure. Some people are complaining about the sides tough to grip.

Thanks,
Mike

Is the M65 a small mouse? Or which other mice are good in that price range?

Is the M65 a small mouse? Or which other mice are good in that price range?

The M65 is similar in initial shape to the G9, but it seems to be a bit taller in the palm area (this will probably do well for claw type grip). My fiance likes it, but I like my mice a bit shorter and opted for the Roccat Kone Pure optical instead since I use a fingertip grip rather than palm style.

Went with a Razer DeathAdder when I moved on from my beloved G9. Its the most comfortable mouse Ive ever used and my all time favorite. The SteelSeries Sensei Raw is a good choice too. Neither are similar to the G9 in shape but they worked very well for me after using a G9 for a couple years.

See if you can take it apart and clean the buttons/springs/etc.

I went from the G500 to an M65 and although it is a great mouse I could not get used to the new shape. I have just ordered the G700S (On sale now @ NE $59.99) so hopefully it will work.

It may also be possible for you to replace the little metal clip that makes the button click in your G9 and be good as new.

Call logitech, I have had many mice fail (especially LEFT mouse buttons) even out of warranty they usually send me another mouse. I have had three or four g500/510s replaced between my boxes. Logitech has done me right every time.

Call logitech, I have had many mice fail (especially LEFT mouse buttons) even out of warranty they usually send me another mouse. I have had three or four g500/510s replaced between my boxes. Logitech has done me right every time.

I've heard about that customer service, but have never experienced it. Several times I've called them; once asking about replacement of a MX510 within warranty, they said it was an outdated model and they couldn't replace it. I've also called asking if I could purchase replacement feet for a G9x within warranty, all I got was "buy one of our new mice.". I later called asking if they would let me purchase an additional precision grip for it (the G9x) after the warranty ended (the surface of it was getting pretty bad), I basically got the same answer. Now the first time the support agent was very nice and seemed like they were genuinely "trying" to help, but the last few agents I got were not so nice and even seemed to be belittling me when I tried to explain what was happening.

I know some people have had a good experience with them, but I've never seen it. My service has been more in-line with their european support, where they basically tell you, "get fucked and buy our new gear.".

I'm sorry to hear about all that. Generally Logi have been good to me, but I haven't interacted with them for years. When the paint started coming off my old G15 "blue" series 1, they shipped me a brand new "orange" mk2 G15 without so much as a hold on my credit card, but truly that was a long time ago. If you're thinking Logi again, have you considered the G502 Proteus Core? I hear it is well regarded for multiple grips and has a good sensor, as well as customization. Perhaps you can get them to give you a significant discount and/or trade in your malfunctioning G9x if you show interest in replacing it with one of their newer mice, if given the chance to do so cheaply?

With respect to Corsair mice, I can't speak to the M65 but I had a M95 (had a technical problem that affected some of the earlier mice in that series, eventually) and it was absolutely awesome - the very best "tons of buttons/MMO" mouse I've used. Now, Corsair is coming out with an updated form of the M65, the M65 RGB which not only has RGB lighting defined, but I think has a new sensor and perhaps some other upgrades as well? Maybe you want to look that way, but regardless I think the M65 could be a good option in any form.

if Redbeard or others from Corsair are reading perchance, I'd love to see an updated hardware (How about a tilt-button scroll wheel?) RGB version of the M95 go on sale - your button layout was leaps and bounds beyond any other "MMO" mouse by having each of the buttons shaped and thus feel differently and perhaps most importantly have a gap in the center for one's thumb, which is one reason the thing is so awesome. I hope you guys haven't put the M95 out to pasture - a new update can't come soon enough!

Nah, not going to consider actually buying Logitech again for a while, though their G502 is interesting it's much too heavy for my liking. I've picked up Roccat's Kone Pure optical since and was amazed by the quality, miles ahead of Logitech since the original MX500 era.

Corsair was great in the past. My SO's been happy with the M65 currently, though I think the left mouse button could use a little work (too light). The only customer service contact I've had with them was concerning some memory sticks from years ago and they honored their warranty fantastically with a quick response and fast RMA, so not sure how they currently are.

I admit Ive not been too crazy about Logitech's mice lately. Bought the G700 which is very nice but didnt like the G500 or the G400. The G9 was just about perfect and I dont understand why they stopped making it. I wonder if theyll ever come out with a refresh on it. As long as its the same great shape Id still buy it if it had the new stupid "s" paint scheme.

I went from the Logitech G9x to the G502 and I don't regret it at all. The G502 is really amazing and fits my hand nicely. I tried the Corsair M65 before I go tthe G502 and the palm hump was just too high for my liking (I have small hands).

I went from Microsoft Explorer 3.0 for years, from its first iteration up until they re-released it a few years ago. Then bought the G700s on a whim and it's awesome but has some quirts in its software. I have to RMA it as I recently bought the G502 and although the sniper button is kinda a far reach from my thumb and the two forward/back buttons are not perfectly fit for my hand it works perfect with the Logitech software. I just wish it fit my hand. Reminds me of the Microsoft Habu.

Back