Logitech G9 $29.00 after MIR, Free shipping

Purchased one. :)

Hopefully between 6/13/09 means that 6/13/09 counts. I don't do many rebates in case you haven't noticed.

Nice price.

I bought mine around August from Amazon and it still looks new. Definitely a good mouse. :)

wow great price on that. I've had mine since they first came out and it's the first mouse that I can honestly say I like as much as my old Microsoft Wheel Mouse :D

Grabbed one, I want a G9x, but for $30 AR I'll take a regular G9 now.

Definitely good mouse, I've really enjoyed it. All I can say though is don't fold it up if you're using it with a laptop or you can mess up the flexy material on the wire can get a little messed up.... like it did with mine.

Other than that though, awesome mouse, and pretty high quality, I've given mine a beating and it still works great. Since it's with my laptop it gets dropped once in a while and still works.

In for one, thanks OP.

EDIT: I take that back....in for two :D

Last edited:
I see that this mouse has the same flywheel/scrollwheel config as the Revolution - but I'm not seeing a real middle mouse button, the kind used in browsers to press once and then scroll up and down the page by moving the mouse.

It's a separate button on the Revolution because clicking down on the scrollwheel, unlike with other mice, doesn't do the "scroll-by-mouse-movement" thing, since it's just a toggle for scrollwheel/flywheel.

Does this mouse have such a button?

I see that this mouse has the same flywheel/scrollwheel config as the Revolution - but I'm not seeing a real middle mouse button, the kind used in browsers to press once and then scroll up and down the page by moving the mouse.

It's a separate button on the Revolution because clicking down on the scrollwheel, unlike with other mice, doesn't do the "scroll-by-mouse-movement" thing, since it's just a toggle for scrollwheel/flywheel.

Does this mouse have such a button?

I use the VX Revolution which has the MicroGear technology and the middle mouse button works fine in apps and games. Scrolling via mouse movement is the same as any other mice I have used.

mx518>g5>g9

fwiw i'm using a g9 as my daily. need to rma the mx518

Never knew about that

I have a G9. Press down on the scroll wheel and this little icon pops up on screen. Pushed the mouse up and down and it scrolled up and down. Stock settings.

mx518>g5>g9

fwiw i'm using a g9 as my daily. need to rma the mx518

I hope I like my G9 more than you. I own a G5 and can't stand the mouse wheel, and I prefer something smaller in size as I have small hands.

I hope I like my G9 more than you. I own a G5 and can't stand the mouse wheel, and I prefer something smaller in size as I have small hands.

What is it you don't like about the G5's wheel?

I don't necessarily agree with ziddey's scale; I own all three and I would not put the G9 at the bottom. True, it's shape is somewhat unconventional but it's a very sturdy mouse with a lot of great features. For $29.99 it's a must buy. I love my MX 518 and G5 but I find myself reaching for the G9 most of the time. 3200 dpi, swappable grips, adjustable LED color, onboard memory remembers your dpi setting between reboots, wonderful L/R buttons and great build quality (well above that of the inexpensive Logitech mice). MX 518 and G5 also offer solid build quality, but I do think I'm more accurate with the G9. All work well for gaming as well as general use/websurfing.

The only thing I don't care for is the mmb. Some have noticed that it offers more resistance than those on other mice and I don't disagree; it takes more force to depress than the wheels on most other mice and if you map a commonly used action to the mmb you'll notice the difference. Other than that (and opening new pages in tabs in browsers) there is very little to complain about in this mouse at $60, much less $30. It's comfortable, extremely precise, and feels like it'll last until Duke Nukem Forever comes out in 2050.

As much as I want to get one, I don't see enough difference to replace my gen2 G5.

What is it you don't like about the G5's wheel?

As you happened to mention about the G9, I dislike the mmb on my G5. I commonly use the mmb for just all of the games that I play and need something that I can quickly press. Sadly, ever since this whole tilt wheel fad the mmb has never been as good as it was in a mouse such as the MX518. Do gamers even use the tilt wheel in games? I also dislike the G5's mouse scrolling. Too much resistance, IMO. I own the first revision of the G5 so I don't know if the second revision is better.

I happen to like the mmb and scrolling of my VX Revolution, however. Not as good as the MX518 but beats the experience I've had with my G5.

I suppose I'll know how the G9 compares soon enough.

As you happened to mention about the G9, I dislike the mmb on my G5. I commonly use the mmb for just all of the games that I play and need something that I can quickly press. Sadly, ever since this whole tilt wheel fad the mmb has never been as good as it was in a mouse such as the MX518. Do gamers even use the tilt wheel in games? I also dislike the G5's mouse scrolling. Too much resistance, IMO. I own the first revision of the G5 so I don't know if the second revision is better.

I happen to like the mmb and scrolling of my VX Revolution, however. Not as good as the MX518 but beats the experience I've had with my G5.

The mmb button on the G9 is closer to that on the G5 than the MX518. The MX518's wheel feels looser, "springier", and generally easier to depress than that of the other two.

The G9 does have a tilt wheel, but it never gets in the way of a press of the mmb. While the mmb is a little harder to activate, it only wants to go down unless you tell it otherwise. The scrolling action is precise, yet offers more resistance than that of the VX Revolution (if you'll remember I bought my VX from you) :)

The G9's scroll wheel is like a beefed up version of the VX's, so I think you'll like it. I think the wheel on the G9 is harder to press than the wheel on the G5, but you're less likely to accidentally do a tilt scroll.

For $29.99 I think you will be pleased. ;)

yes the middle mouse button on the g5 is nearly useless in games, its just not very easy to use
HOWEVER, the tilt wheel works out nicely so its like replacing the middle button with 2 tilt buttons which is a very good trade off

Thanks, going to get this. My MX Revolution has been defective from the start, failing to recharge properly. Been too lazy to pack it up and ship it out, much less pay for shipping and the box itself.

G9 is the best mouse int he history of the world!
but seriously, excellent performance, quick response times, the standards like 1000hz USB polling rate, 2 thumb buttons, plus it's got the toggleable ratchet wheel and setpoint driver is awesome now (used to suck years ago). it's the ultimate claw grip mouse with the slim grip installed and has perfect click pressure for mouse 1 and 2.

it's got the best grip of any mouse out there.

Man why am I resisting this deal, I must be crazy?! Been waiting for such a price, just need to find someone who wants my g5. :(

I got mine yesterday and I really like it so far. It's definitely nice to ditch that wireless MX Revolution which was driving me crazy. I had the dongle plugged into the back of my desktop and it would constantly lose connection and hang for a few seconds when I'd be moving the mouse. I don't think I'll buy any more wireless mice because they're just more of a pain than they're worth to get rid of a cord.

I got mine yesterday and I really like it so far. It's definitely nice to ditch that wireless MX Revolution which was driving me crazy. I had the dongle plugged into the back of my desktop and it would constantly lose connection and hang for a few seconds when I'd be moving the mouse. I don't think I'll buy any more wireless mice because they're just more of a pain than they're worth to get rid of a cord.

I don't think that's the case with the SideWinder X8 and Razer Mamba, but then again those mice are pretty costly.

I haven't had trouble with any of my Logi or MS wireless mice, as long as I had a clear line of sight to the receiver. Your troubles probably stemmed from the location of that. Still, you didn't do wrong by going with the G9!

Received my mouse today. I am pleased by the mmb as it is much like the VX Revolution's but since the wheel itself is smaller the mmb has a more tighter feel. Overall, I am a very happy customer.

And changing the LED color is awesome. I love "useless" stuff like that.

Last edited:
I don't think that's the case with the SideWinder X8 and Razer Mamba, but then again those mice are pretty costly.

I haven't had trouble with any of my Logi or MS wireless mice, as long as I had a clear line of sight to the receiver. Your troubles probably stemmed from the location of that. Still, you didn't do wrong by going with the G9!

Yeah it would probably work better if i plugged the dongle in the front instead but I didn't have the top ports in my case hooked up to the headers on the mobo yet so I had to plug it up in the back. My case is on top of the desk though and the dongle in the back isn't 4ft away from the mouse so I'd think it ought to work well enough at that distance. It seems like it would work fine at times for a little while and then all of a sudden it would just keep hanging on me while I was moving the mouse around.

Oh well, I've got a Logi G9 now! :)

Back