Logitech G5 will not install on MCE05 SP3 o_O Wtf?

Hard and Confused

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, just opened my new Logitech G5 revision 2 ( the blue one ) and lo and behold, windows refuses to install any drivers for it. I tried installing Setpoint while still using my PS/2 mouse and still no luck.

I did notice I had the same prob a few days ago with a Dell USB optical mouse but I figured it was the mouse untill now.

Anyone knows what might be going on here?

===EDIT===

K, found a tip online about using a USB to PS/2 adapter and sure enough, the fn mouse works with the adapter in the PS/2 port but it won't work via USB? My MP3 player works and the printer works but no usb interface devices? Wtf?

I couldn't find my retail SP2 MCE 05 disc so I used a friends Gateway MCE 05 SP2 disc instead, is there a chance there is no generic USB mouse driver for the Gateway installation? I'm downloading a retail MCE 05 SP2 disc atm and I'm going to try a repair install once it's done and see if that fixes it but if anyone has a better solution before then plz let me know.

Last edited:
Its not just a prob with this mouse as I stated, the last USB mouse ( Dell ) I tried did it too so its a USB issue with windows I think.

K, plugged the mouse into 3 other PC's at the house, one running XP Home SP3, one running XP Pro SP3 and the other running Vista Home Premium 64 SP1 and it works on every PC but mine =.=

Back