Logitech G5 vs. G9 gaming mouse

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
Hope this is the right forum,

I'm just wondering which of the two you guys prefer/like better?

G5 has the advantage of being much cheaper, almost half the price of G9.
It also has pretty much the same high specs, except it's 2000 dpi whereas G9 is up to 3200. But I bet 2000 is high enough.

I guess the most important deciding factor is the looks/ergonomics. I've always thought G5's style was great, but the G9 seems kinda weird. Those of you who have it (or better yet, had both), how are you finding G9's form? Is it good for gaming? General use after many hours?

I do like to game every now and then (games like Counter-Strike where the mouse is very important), but not all the time. So everyday internet/productivity performance is important to me too.

At this point, I don't see the G9 as being 2x better (unlike its price), so I'm most likely gonna go for G5 unless I hear some convincing arguments...

Thanks! :p

P.S. I do like Logitech, so I doubt I'd be interested in any other brand... even if it may be slightly better for the extreme gamers.

I tested both and like the G5 more just because I have bigger hands.

If you have bug hands then I would say the G5 would be better for you. The G9 is a good mouse but half of your hand will be sticking out and it might get tired.

I think comes down to how big your hands are. I guess I have smaller hands, G9 feels better than the G5 for me.

I went from a G7 (essentially a wireless G5) to the G9 and I don't regret it at all. G9 feels very nice. Like the above poster, I have smallish hands.

G9 is the best mouse I've ever owned. Its light and its not bulky. Its the kind of mouse to use if you just move your mouse with your fingers.

If you move the mouse with your whole hand and use low sensitivity- I'd go with the G5- which also is a great mouse.

Depends on your hand shape. I find the G9 way too small for my hands and the G5 pretty much perfect, but I have large hands and I use my whole hand to move the mouse. If you have small hands or if you use your fingertips to control the mouse, you'll probably prefer the shape of the G9. The DPI also really doesn't make any difference. I have a laser mouse that goes up to 2500DPI but I still have it set to 1600DPI all the time since any higher is just too sensitive for me.

I like the feel of the G5 better, although the G9 is also pretty nice. Like most people have said, it depends on which feels better in your hands. Both will perform really well, although the G9 does have a higher DPI, which would be the deal breaker if you prefer ultra sensitivity.

I recently purchased the G5. I'd been using a mouse of similar design for the past few years and it just felt much better in my hand than the G9. Both are great mice though really just up to how they feel in your hand.

When my G7 batteries first started to crap out on me I tried a G9 at Best Buy a few months ago and also found it to be too small for my hand. I'm much happier with the G5 as it is both nearly the same shape as my old G7 (different texture), has 2 thumb buttons AND I dont have to deal with shitty rechargeable batteries anymore.

I have owned probably every wired (and a few wireless) Logitech ever made. The G9 is one of the worst mice I have ever owned and have regretted it since day 1. I loved my G5, but I wanted something new. I am currently awaiting my Razer 3g Diamondback.

The G9 does not fit well imo. It is uncomfortable and too akward of a stance. On top of that it has profiles which have to be changed my pressing a button on the BOTTOM of the damn mouse. It also has the semi-neat idea of interchangable "skins", but none other than the 2 that come with it were ever released, so who cares?

Back