Logitech G5 Replacement

I'm looking for a replacement of my Logitech G5. I use a palm grip and must have a click scroll. I bought a G500 but hated it due to the infinite scroll wheel hybrid montsrosity. Ideally, I would like to find a mouse with comparable thumb buttons and adjustable dpi buttons. The Roccat Kone XTD caught my eye. Any other suggestions would be great.

I've used the Logitech G5 for about six years now and I'm also looking for something relatively close to it, just with more buttons. The Genius Gila is a solid mouse and feels just as good in the hand. If you can get past the somewhat poor design of the scroll wheel and having to create macros for individual keys, it's an excellent replacement for the G5.

Hi euchrestalin,

Check out the Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse. It should have the same ergonomic shape as the original G5 and also has comparable thumb buttons and adjustable DPI button. It doesn't have the hyper scroll wheel of the G500. You can view all it's features on this link.

I'm looking for a replacement of my Logitech G5. I use a palm grip and must have a click scroll. I bought a G500 but hated it due to the infinite scroll wheel hybrid montsrosity. Ideally, I would like to find a mouse with comparable thumb buttons and adjustable dpi buttons. The Roccat Kone XTD caught my eye. Any other suggestions would be great.

Not sure what you mean regarding the G500. There is a toggle button on it that toggles the scroll wheel from free scroll to click scroll. In the click scroll mode it should feel the same as the G5. I've had the G5 and now use a G500. I love the G500 and it's scroll wheel.

I went from a G5 to a G9x and haven't looked back. Since it has two shells you can have the wide grip or a smaller grip. Obviously not exactly the same, but if it worked for me it might work for you.

I would absolutely recommend the G9x. Don't know why you have a problem with the dual scroll capability though. I love putting the mouse on free spin mode and flickin that weighted wheel.

Not sure what you mean regarding the G500. There is a toggle button on it that toggles the scroll wheel from free scroll to click scroll. In the click scroll mode it should feel the same as the G5. I've had the G5 and now use a G500. I love the G500 and it's scroll wheel.

+1

The G500 is so damn close, build wise, that it feels the same in my hand and as the G5. I've owned two G5s and am on my third G500. They're that good. I loved the scroll wheel and the G500 in general, BUT a mouse is such a personal thing - especially if you're a gamer, that even the slightest thing you find negative about it, is amplified by a thousand.

I almost got a Mad Catz Rat 7 recently. Since they are retardedly customiziblle you might be able to sort of make the mouse you want. Good luck.

You can check out the G700 as it's pretty similar. The G9 is definitely worth a look too but it's smaller. It's my all time favorite mouse.

+1

The G500 is so damn close, build wise, that it feels the same in my hand and as the G5. I've owned two G5s and am on my third G500. They're that good. I loved the scroll wheel and the G500 in general, BUT a mouse is such a personal thing - especially if you're a gamer, that even the slightest thing you find negative about it, is amplified by a thousand.

I almost got a Mad Catz Rat 7 recently. Since they are retardedly customiziblle you might be able to sort of make the mouse you want. Good luck.

I bought a RAT 7 recently and wanted to love it SOOOO bad. It just wasn't there. I had my G9x and was just so intrigued by the RAT 7 that I had to buy it. I customized it in every way, ended up putting it right back to how it came because I liked it that way best, and it just still didn't feel right. Plus, I missed the scroll wheel so bad on my G9x that I just switched back to it.

I bought a RAT 7 recently and wanted to love it SOOOO bad. It just wasn't there. I had my G9x and was just so intrigued by the RAT 7 that I had to buy it. I customized it in every way, ended up putting it right back to how it came because I liked it that way best, and it just still didn't feel right. Plus, I missed the scroll wheel so bad on my G9x that I just switched back to it.

Holy crap, you took the words right out of my mouth. I had the R.A.T. 7 for about 2 months and just tried so hard to get what everyone else was getting. This pinky rest with that palm rest. This length, that camber. Nothing. Sucked because it had so much promise. I went back to the G500 and haven't looked back.

The G5 was one of those formulas you don't mess with and the closest you will get is the G400s as was stated previously.

I use a claw grip, and went with a G9x when my G5 died. Not real wild about it, TBH. It's not a complete disaster, but months later, I keep thinking I'd rather have something else. Just doesnt' feel right: they changed the position of the DPI setting-buttons, the wheel sits lower on the mouse so it feels different when you go to tilt it, etc.

The one thing I DO love about it is the different sized shells. I thought I'd be using the small shell, but it turns out I prefer teh large one. Things like that are nice when you don't get to try before you buy. Maybe next time, I'll get to go somewhere and try out a g600 in person. Really tempted by them, but that high back worries me. Don't wanna do wheelies on the mousepad, just in-game!

Last edited:
Back