• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech G5 Left Click is missing sometimes

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
309
Hey everyone. I was wondering if my G5 Mouse (blue one) can be repaired by me? I've only had for 7 months, and it's already crapped out on me. :(

It is now skipping left clicks about every other time. I put my arrow over a link or to close a window, and click and nothing happens, until I click it again a little harder, then it registers. Does anyone know why this happens? :confused:

The G5 is my favorite mouse, and this is the second one I've owned, but the one I bought in 2006 is still going strong (the gray and rust colored one). I didn't expect this one to break so quickly. Is there anyway I can fix it? ;)

Thanks, Prozac :D
 
Hey everyone. I was wondering if my G5 Mouse (blue one) can be repaired by me? I've only had for 7 months, and it's already crapped out on me. :(

It is now skipping left clicks about every other time. I put my arrow over a link or to close a window, and click and nothing happens, until I click it again a little harder, then it registers. Does anyone know why this happens? :confused:

The G5 is my favorite mouse, and this is the second one I've owned, but the one I bought in 2006 is still going strong (the gray and rust colored one). I didn't expect this one to break so quickly. Is there anyway I can fix it? ;)

Thanks, Prozac :D

It happened probably (this has happened to 4 mice I've owned) because the plastic tit underneath the left or right mouse button is worn down and when clicked it isn't making good contact with the plastic button on the bottom of the mouse that registers a mouse click.

I recommend you RMA it #1 if you can, if not well I tried all sorts of things but I'm not a real DIY'er so I couldn't find a way to say glue something on to make the contact service larger, however you might be able to jury rig something up if you open the mouse up and inspect it.
 
I've had many mice not just Logitech that have had sticking issues with the left/right buttons. It wouldn't stick every time it was clicked, but every so often. Very weird. Then I've had others that would stick a bit when you first used it for the day, but wouldn't anymore until the next day after it sat over night. If you've only had it for 7 months and it's missing clicks you've either used it ALOT and worn it out or it's defective. I think Logitech handles RMA's fairly well. Though I'm not sure you can still get the G5 Blue version.
 
Anyone know the release date on the Cyborg R.A.T.? I heard March I think.

I've given up on Logitech. Everyone I've tried here lately and I've tried a few each of the G500 and the G9x has loose buttons. Whether it's a left or right main button or a flimsy feeling thumb button. I like my mice to have a firm click and not have the buttons loose and moving around. Anyway I digress I guess I'm just too picky about it.

Right now I'm using the Mamba which is great and the Cooler Master Sentiel.
 
whether it is ms or logitech, they will both rma for mouse click problems, unless you just have to fix it your self.
 
i had the same isssue with my g5.

I'm rmaing it and they're sending me a g500.

in addition to having problem with left clicks my forward side button is EXTREMELY sticky and when i fiddle with it it works for a while and then goes back to being sticky.
 
in addition to having problem with left clicks my forward side button is EXTREMELY sticky and when i fiddle with it it works for a while and then goes back to being sticky.

Yea, I don't get it. I've had them stick when I first touch them and then the rest of the night no sticking. Next day it sticks again. Someone needs to come up with a switch that does not stick d*&^ it!!:mad:
 
Yea, I don't get it. I've had them stick when I first touch them and then the rest of the night no sticking. Next day it sticks again. Someone needs to come up with a switch that does not stick d*&^ it!!:mad:

yeah, that would be nice.

so far the left click and forward thumb button are the only things that are wrong and they're both extremely recent developments.

tbh the best mouse i ever used was the old microsoft intellimouse. didn't even have thumb buttons, lol.
 
Back
Top