Logitech g5 gaming mouse $25 from Dell!

Thanks for the heads up! Anyone have any experience with this mouse?

-Neo

Got mine for $72 @ bestbuy, best investment I've ever made regarding computer equipment. Tracks beautifully w/ or w/o a mouse pad. Only negative I could see is people will say it's not wireless... but that's a moot point for me, I prefer wired.

I had a g5 mouse before, but I returned it because I was too used to my old mx510 (now a mx518).

A couple things they changed that I didn't care for was the firmer middle button. You had to apply more pressure to click the middle button. Normally this isn't a big deal, but I like my crouch key as the middle button.

The other one was that there was only one side button. Kinda stinks when web browser :\.

But, I did like the textured feel of the mouse, as well as the weights. However, it wasn't enough to justify spending 45 dollars at the time.
However, for 25 dollars, anyone looking for a smooth mouse for anything, this is a good deal. I might just snatch one to give it another try.

Damn.. I just bought a 60 dollar Copperhead too.

The other one was that there was only one side button. Kinda stinks when web browser :\.
Definitely. I love my forward and back buttons. I wish this was the revision with the forward button :(

This is a great deal...for a right-handed gamer :( . I'd kill to have a left-handed version of something like this.

I may have to jump on it once I cash my check. $32 and some change after shipping and tax isn't too bad.

Damn.. I just bought a 60 dollar Copperhead too.

Definitely. I love my forward and back buttons. I wish this was the revision with the forward button :(

Ouch. Why a copperhead and not a death adder, their newest? I was torn between deathadder and the G5--but this deal made me choose the g5.

Ugh, there is only 1-side button on this?

Ouch. Why a copperhead and not a death adder, their newest? I was torn between deathadder and the G5--but this deal made me choose the g5.

Ugh, there is only 1-side button on this?

The deathadder and the habu are far superior to the G5 IMO. I am not sure which one I like more yet. The Deathadder is lighter and floatier, and that makes the ratpadz almost too slick. I might end up selling the deathadder and keeping one of my habu (yes, sigh, I have two). haven't decided.

-Neo

I have this mouse. I got it for about $3x.xx (in the low $30s; I don't remember exactly what anymore) back in Dec. 2006. I really like this mouse. I don't even play games; so this mouse is practical even for non-gamers.

The only cons for this mouse are:
1.) The weights that it comes with is useless; pure gimmickry.
2.) I wish it was silver and black instead of that rusty look in the middle (top).
3.) This mouse is for right handers and would be awkward to use w/ a left hand.

For me, these cons are no biggie since I use the mouse w/ my right hand, don't use the weights, and can live w/ that subtle rust color.

The pros are that the mouse is very precise, feels comfortable, and clicks just right. I had a cheap FAR optical mouse before and that was a PITA; clicks would stick, etc. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

-Neo

I have this mouse. I got it for about $3x.xx (in the low $30s; I don't remember exactly what anymore) back in Dec. 2006. I really like this mouse. I don't even play games; so this mouse is practical even for non-gamers.

The only cons for this mouse are:
1.) The weights that it comes with is useless; pure gimmickry.
2.) I wish it was silver and black instead of that rusty look in the middle (top).
3.) This mouse is for right handers and would be awkward to use w/ a left hand.

For me, these cons are no biggie since I use the mouse w/ my right hand, don't use the weights, and can live w/ that subtle rust color.

The pros are that the mouse is very precise, feels comfortable, and clicks just right. I had a cheap FAR optical mouse before and that was a PITA; clicks would stick, etc. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

i got this deal a few weeks back from dell. great deal. i originally didn't want to get it since it didn't have the second side button but for $25, it was worth it.

i configured my left/right scrollwheel clicks to be my back/forward for browsing using the setpoint software. i rarely ever have a webpage where i need to side scroll but then again i do have a 2407WFP :eek: :D

for the weights: you either love them for hate them. i'm only using a single 1.7g in the bottom middle of the tray, just to give it a little more heft.

Awesome deal...Thanks!!:)

I know this is gonna sound silly but.....why can't I find the "4%" off for using my DPA??

Awesome deal! My only gripe is that this mouse has trouble responding to certain pads. I've tried it with the func pad, the rough side, and it doesn't respond to fast movement :(

I bought one of these beasts too... just waiting for it to get here.

I've gotta say--I'm a bit disappointed that I have to forfeit the extra thumb button, but if its really the beast its claimed to be, I'll adjust.

nice price, ty op
I bought one at 45 a few weeks ago, but I think I may just get another :)

btw I own a g5, a mx518, mx700 and mx500 and I must say that for gaming this one is the best, but for net and such the mx518 is the best with its extra buttons and much better wheel

p.s. variable weights actually help a lot in shooters and especially if you run high sens

Back