Logitech G35 7.1 Headset for $70. Ultrathin Illuminated Keyboard for $40!!

ebs5049

Limp Gawd
Logitech is selling "dented box" items of the G35 Headset and Ultrathin Keyboard.

Keyboard: SOLD OUT
http://dealnews.com/Logitech-Ultra-Thin-Illuminated-USB-Keyboard-for-40-free-shipping-/474267.html

Use promo code "logi_ilk_62411" when checking out to get discount.

Headset:
http://dealnews.com/Logitech-G35-7.1-Channel-Surround-Sound-Headset-for-70-free-shipping/474256.html

Use promo code "logi_g35_62311" when checking out to get discount..

Best part...free shipping!! I just bought my self a keyboard :cool:

EDIT - Keyboard is sold out. Hot damn.

Last edited:
the keyboard is nice, it isn't going to help your goldfarming operation or fire off repetitive abilities but damn it looks classy. the matte finish coating, acrylic bezel, and white LEDs are a nice combo, you really don't see that keyboard drop below $40 often.

Yeah my buddy has one and it really caught my eye the first time I saw it. I thought it was a really solid deal.

How is the G35? I'm kinda wanting to jump on it now since it's a good deal....

I'm trying so hard not the get the headset since I need a new one and I've heard great things about this one. I love Logitech dented box deals!

I use this keyboard everyday. I love the shit out of it. Great for working and haven't ever run into an issue for gaming.

I got the G35 a while back on a Best Buy sale for $65 and it is well worth it. Sounds great, mic works well and I'm pretty happy with it.

I had to just bite the bullet and grab the G35 at this price.

Didn't need a new keyboard since I just bought the G19 on dented special a couple weeks back.

They keyboard is great for typing and what not, but in games it can get a little annoying since it won't take more then 2 keypresses at once. Makes holding shift, the forward key and jumping over something a little more difficult (like in GTA 4) as you have to let go of one. Makes it a little hairy in NFS: hotpursuit when hitting nitrous, accelerate and a jammer or spike strip. :) Doesn't happen often enough in the games I play to worry about for me and it's such a nice and solid keyboard that I can forgive it. The laptop style keys are so nice and very easy to type on.

They keyboard is great for typing and what not, but in games it can get a little annoying

yep, i had this keyboard for a week before i was forced to return it to best buy. the combination W+SHIFT+SPACE is keyblocked, so any FPS player will not be happy with it. it's a shame too because it really is a nice keyboard; quality materials and a nice overall design. apparently the early revisions did not have this issue.

yep, i had this keyboard for a week before i was forced to return it to best buy. the combination W+SHIFT+SPACE is keyblocked, so any FPS player will not be happy with it. it's a shame too because it really is a nice keyboard; quality materials and a nice overall design. apparently the early revisions did not have this issue.

What? Why the hell would they even incorporate that kind of design? Hopefully I don't find this an issue...

I recently picked up the wireless version of the 35's, the G930. Although they are comfortable and have clean sound, they are defiantly not 7.1 or even 5.1. Running sound checks, you hear the sound out of the left ear, or the right ear with very little distinguished direction from fronts, sides, and rears. I've used the Logitech z-5500''s for years on my gaming rig and they do 5.1 very nice for PC speakers. I also have a home theater powered by an Onkyo receiver using Atlantic Technologies 6200e THX 7.1. You want true surround sound, get speakers and a receiver. The gimmick of getting surround through a headset is way over praised. I fell for it, tried it, and as expected, didn't get the effect through them. But as a headset, they are comfortable, and have great sound... just not surround as I'm use to hearing it. I bought these for the mic and to be able to hear and communicate with my team mates in L4D2 & BFBC2 better. Nothing beats a good speaker setup, but we can't always have the sound cranked. A headset like this Logitech G35 and is't brother, the G930, fill the needs very well. I do recommend them, but don't be too sold on the 5.1/7.1 effect out of a headset gimmick.

If you buy the G35 you will fall in love.Ive had mine since they first came out and not one problem.The mic flips up and mutes automatically,has multiple buttons configurations volume control on the side.I just built a rig for someone and got her the same headphones.
I upgraded to the wireless version G930 and love them equally as much.If your in the market for a headset get the G35.

to sell more G15 (etc.) gaming keyboards i assume.
I assume that's correct. Like I said, I just let go one of of the keys for a split second and it works, but it does require some getting used to and if I played only FPS and racing games, I'd rethink my decision. As it is, I play a lot of RTS and RPG games as well as FPS and racing, and I've become used to it, so it's not as bothersome. Just wanted to inform people when purchasing something you'll probably be interfacing with most often on a computer.

Damn, I was going to buy another one of the keyboards. Already own 2; they are awesome! :D

to sell more G15 (etc.) gaming keyboards i assume.

This is what everyone speculated. The early batches of the Illuminated KB at release had no issues whatsoever but this problem started appearing in the first revision that replaced the early release a few months after.
Anyhow, it's a decent keyboard to hook up to a non-gaming PC. Looks and feels quite good.

I was reading up on some other forums and a lot of people claimed that they called Logitech and told them that the space bar was unresponsive and was having tons of issues and Logitech sent them G110s.

I recently picked up the wireless version of the 35's, the G930. Although they are comfortable and have clean sound, they are defiantly not 7.1 or even 5.1. Running sound checks, you hear the sound out of the left ear, or the right ear with very little distinguished direction from fronts, sides, and rears. I've used the Logitech z-5500''s for years on my gaming rig and they do 5.1 very nice for PC speakers. I also have a home theater powered by an Onkyo receiver using Atlantic Technologies 6200e THX 7.1. You want true surround sound, get speakers and a receiver. The gimmick of getting surround through a headset is way over praised. I fell for it, tried it, and as expected, didn't get the effect through them. But as a headset, they are comfortable, and have great sound... just not surround as I'm use to hearing it. I bought these for the mic and to be able to hear and communicate with my team mates in L4D2 & BFBC2 better. Nothing beats a good speaker setup, but we can't always have the sound cranked. A headset like this Logitech G35 and is't brother, the G930, fill the needs very well. I do recommend them, but don't be too sold on the 5.1/7.1 effect out of a headset gimmick.

My G35s definitely give me 7.1 sound. Make sure you set the switch on the headphones to surround and the ingame settings to 7.1.

I have a G35 and I keep mine on stereo since that's where the sound quality seems to shine. I wasn't too impressed with the 7.1 in games that supported it. Leaving it on 7.1 will make things that aren't meant for surround echo and sound weird, so I just leave it off. The software that comes with it is very basic (almost too basic). The comfort level is fairly good. It BARELY fits me though. I have it on the largest setting and it's fairly snug. My head is humongous though, I had to get an extra large cap for graduation :(.

I have a G35 and I keep mine on stereo since that's where the sound quality seems to shine. I wasn't too impressed with the 7.1 in games that supported it. Leaving it on 7.1 will make things that aren't meant for surround echo and sound weird, so I just leave it off. The software that comes with it is very basic (almost too basic). The comfort level is fairly good. It BARELY fits me though. I have it on the largest setting and it's fairly snug. My head is humongous though, I had to get an extra large cap for graduation :(.

Dude, high five for being a part huge head community. :p I think I might just replace my sound card and stick to headphones.

The G35 is awesome and the keyboard is nice for those who like typing on laptops.

Personally, after buying a mechanical keyboard (filco w/cherry mx brown keys) I don't think I can ever go back. They are just a dream to type on.

This is what everyone speculated. The early batches of the Illuminated KB at release had no issues whatsoever but this problem started appearing in the first revision that replaced the early release a few months after.
Anyhow, it's a decent keyboard to hook up to a non-gaming PC. Looks and feels quite good.

+1 mine doesnt have the keyblocking issues, its easily my favorite keyboard, gaming or otherwise

Back