Logitech G300

Thought this might interest some folks. New Logitech gaming mouse G300.

http://blog.logitech.com/2011/08/18/g300/

Looks kinda interesting. Not sure I'd like the "more compact design", like my mice larger. Have a G500 right now.

I like that is uses the "Gaming Software" like the newer keyboards use. I wish my G500 mouse could share the same "Gaming Software" that my G510 keyboard uses.

I'm very interested because of the compact design. However I'm not sure I like the idea of no thumb/side buttons. Trying to click one of those topside side buttons could be an issue if a major FPS firefight. What do you think?

lack of thumb side buttons = fail
glossy finish = epic fail
off center sensor position = MEGA FAIL

gg logitech

lack of thumb side buttons = fail
glossy finish = epic fail
off center sensor position = MEGA FAIL

gg logitech

The lack of thumbside buttons is more of a personal preference sort of thing. I know a few guys who really don't like it, but are pretty good at FPS's.

Glossy finish, yes, fail indeed.

Off center sensor, they MUST have some reason for it, or a way of compensating for it. Don't really know until one tries it out.

This mouse seems like it COULD have been alright if it weren't for the ridiculous sensor position. And I don't like side buttons, so that's fine with me.

logitech needs to junk the crappy Performance MX and revamp the MX Revolution which was one of the best mice they made. improve the sensor, maybe even make a gaming version. it would be nice to have a mouse actually made for men instead of the tiny lady fingered things that are made now.

still waiting for Chris Pate (from the discussion thread on the Logitech page) to answer my question.

http://blog.logitech.com/2011/08/18/g300/

It was something along the lines of this... Was this mouse tested with all types of games/gamers. It wouldn't appear this mouse would work great for a FPS when your frantically clicking the left/right buttons and then need to click one of those top side buttons at the same time.

When you post on their sight they have to approve it before it appears. While I am very interested in this mouse due to smaller hands I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't at least come up with some company BS line.

As I mentioned in response to other questions and in the original post, the goal was to make a mouse that had buttons that were all actually usable by the same hand. Most people can't use thumb buttons with their ring and pinky fingers. We did test with gamers, both internal and external, and the overwhelming result was that for most people these were easier to use than side buttons.

Guess I'm going to pick one up. Thanks for responding cpate.

I do like the compact design. It reminds me of the NZXT Avatar which fit my hands perfectly but with what looks like a better sensor. Do you agree?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/gaming_mice/avatar_s

No thumb buttons may be the deal breaker but I won't know unless I try it. Not like I haven't bought a bad mouse before at a much higher price..... Starcraft Razer mouse..

I got used to no side buttons with the Abyssus. It really isn't that big of a deal to me. I didn't even use them during games. It is nice that companies are finally starting to make smaller gaming mice now. I'm currently using the Zowie Mico, but I'd like to give this mouse a spin (I do not like the off-center sensor, though).

Just ordered one, hopefully it'll arrive Tuesday since it's shipping from NJ. If I find the off-center sensor is a bother it's going right back.

How do you like the Zowie mice?

The Zowie EC2 and Mico are both great mice. The Mico is my primary mouse right now, which says a lot. It isn't perfect, but it's better than the rest for my needs (The SS Kinzu is my favorite shape, but it has the worst sensor EVER put in a mouse).

Just ordered from logitech.com

Finally, logitech coming back with ambidextrous. Lefties getting the shaft all the time. Couple few other options is deathadder and sidewinder x3. Don't like either one of those. My last option maybe is a steelseries if I don't like this g300.

Guess I'm going to pick one up. Thanks for responding cpate.

I do like the compact design. It reminds me of the NZXT Avatar which fit my hands perfectly but with what looks like a better sensor. Do you agree?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/gaming_mice/avatar_s

No thumb buttons may be the deal breaker but I won't know unless I try it. Not like I haven't bought a bad mouse before at a much higher price..... Starcraft Razer mouse..

Interesting, another ambidextrous to check out.

I got mine in today. The shape isn't much to my liking (specifically the ring finger placement). I will be sticking with my Zowie Mico.

Got mine as well. I really like so far. Will take some getting use to having the buttons beside your fingers, but I like the shape and it feels pretty good to me.

Mine comes in Monday. I'm trying my best to be optimistic. I've been playing Red Orchestra 2 the past 2 days and I'm realizing how much I use the thumb buttons for this type of game. Using the buttons on the top sides of the G300 does not appear to be an option when in a firefight clicking button 1 for primary firing and button 2 for alternate attack.

I really don't understand how putting lights on the goddamn thing resulted in having to move the sensor. First of all, I don't understand why they prioritized cosmetics over functionality, and second, why a symmetrical lighting scheme resulted in asymmetrical internal hardware. The design team on this mouse should be commended for some phenomenal stupidity. I should get a job at Logitech, I'd be a lot better at it than these tards.

That said, it's coming in stock on Amazon on September 20 if you want to order from a place with a very liberal return policy. I don't know how Logitech.com handles a return based on reasoning like "your mouse is a piece of shit" so you may want to wait.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Programmable-Controls-910-002358/dp/B005EWB3AU

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
HELLS YEAH! It looks like the old Mouseman Wheel (blue with blue LED logitech logo)

It's got the big thumb thing I've been missing, shit yeah! check out the wireless G700, its even more like the old mouseman

I really don't understand how putting lights on the goddamn thing resulted in having to move the sensor. First of all, I don't understand why they prioritized cosmetics over functionality, and second, why a symmetrical lighting scheme resulted in asymmetrical internal hardware. The design team on this mouse should be commended for some phenomenal stupidity. I should get a job at Logitech, I'd be a lot better at it than these tards.

That said, it's coming in stock on Amazon on September 20 if you want to order from a place with a very liberal return policy. I don't know how Logitech.com handles a return based on reasoning like "your mouse is a piece of shit" so you may want to wait.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gami...005EWB3AU/?tag=htmllink-20&srch_logitech_g300

Hell yeah, I am in for 1!

Thank you much for the heads up :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I received, tested and returning mine. I've been searching for a small gaming mouse that fit my smaller than average hands for a long time. Well I never would have guessed the G300 is too small. I played RO2 last night with it and its just not wide enough. My fingers were crammed together because of the side buttons. My ring finger kept cramping and aching because of it.

Maybe its the way I hold my mouse. Index = mouse 1, middle = scroll wheel, ring finger = mouse 2. I'm under the impression most people put their ring finger on the right side of mouse(?)

I guess its time to try a Zowie EC2 or wait for the Steel Series Kana.

In the meantime the R.A.T 7 is my top mouse.

Last edited:
Just got it today. First impressions are good. The feel is not perfect for me, but I'm very picky. Probably not good for large hands, but logitech already has other mice for those. I hated the feel of mx518, returned it. I think the logitech g1 style would have been a better fit for me, but I think I prefer this because of the additional buttons.

I use it on my left hand and can easily hit the 3 main buttons, the top left and two right buttons, not bad, 6 total. The other buttons can be used for less often used stuff. Makes surfing the web easy, using forward/back, new tab/close tab, alt-tab.

kameriffic, how can you hate a mouse you haven't used?

I'm not saying it's a bad mouse, I'm saying that they made ill-advised design decisions like displacing the sensor from the center of the mouse for the sake of lighting. Try to keep up.

This might be just what I'm looking for! I love ambidextrous mice (loved my IMO and some really, really small laptop mouse I had that broke and I've been looking for one just like it for years). I also really, really like tiny mice. The G9x that I've been using for the last year is still too big for me imo, even without the grip. Another thing I dislike is the weight -- it's too heavy and I actually went and ripped out the side buttons, weight cartridge ejector and grip stabilizer/ejector just to make it lighter. From what I hear this mouse is TINY, really light, and small. Meets all my requirements :).

Can't wait 'til Best Buy gets this in stock (just so I can make sure I like it, that way if I don't I can easily return it).:p

Really stupid that they moved the sensor to accommodate some retarded lights though. WHO CARES ABOUT LIGHTS? PRIORITIES LOGITECH, PRIORITIES!!!

btw can someone with the mouse post a size comparison of it next to some other mouse (g9/g9x, mx518, imo, ime, a generic mouse, a laptop mouse, or anything really haha).

Last edited:
Sensor placement has no affect on my game play or general mouse movements.

I like mine as well. No issues with the sensor. I can't even tell the difference while gaming.

Just picked one up and it's way bigger than I expected. Not even close to a laptop mouse imo (some people said it was comparable in size). It might actually be too big haha. Going to try it out for a week to decide. definitely less wide than my G9x, which is nice. Don't understand why they decided to not use SetPoint for this mouse. It's a G-series and they should have it using the same software as the G9x, G500, etc

Any updates on ownership impressions for this? Especially regarding the sensor position?

I've read some things when searching about it having issues at higher DPIs?

Back