Logitech G27 - Game Recommendation

• Thread starter Deleted member 275180
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 275180

Hi guys,

I just got a Logitech G27.
What is a good and realistic PC game to learn how to drive a stick shift (manual) car? I have a 3x1 Eyefinity set up therefore the game should support Eyefinity.

-XILDAMAGE

Where do you plan to mount the G27.have you got a racing seat?

Regarding the game itself... No idea.Most of the racing games are better on Auto with paddles.

Asetto Corsa and iRacing are probably the games that best simulate a manual transmission that are out there right now. You can try iRacing out for $5 or $10 US for the first month IIRC, while Asetto Corsa is currently in beta and costs $40 US.
Where do you plan to mount the G27.have you got a racing seat?

Regarding the game itself... No idea.Most of the racing games are better on Auto with paddles.
Nothing wrong with using manual clutch with paddles. I played Forza 4 and Horizon this way on Xbox 360 with my Fanatec CSR since I didn't purchase the shifter, and it still made the experience more immersive. Even if you don't choose manual clutch, auto clutch with a sequential manual is still better than full auto.

There is also no problem sitting at a desk in a desk chair. Just try to get into as much a natural driving position as possible or else you're going to both get frustrated trying to use a clutch and you're going to get fatigued a lot faster.

My G27 works it's way off my desk. I'm going to get a stand for it soon I guess. As far as games go I like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars.

Using the Logitech G27 does NOT translate at all into driving an actual stick. To answer your question from a game perspective though. Try:

Dirt 3
Shift 2 Unleashed
Gran Turismo 5-6 (PS3)
Asseto Corsa (beta)
rFactor
Project CARS (early alpha)

You will find though, that if you want the fastest lap times, you will have to use the Paddle shifters. There's no disputes about it. Paddles let you still have control over the gears, and shifting with a stick + clutch is by no means faster than the flick of a paddle. Some racing games are too fast for a regular shift knob anyway. If you raced on in a Formula 1 car with the H-pattern stick shift, you would red line every 1.5 seconds because you cannot possibly keep up with how fast the RPM's rise in a car like that.

It's a shame they removed sequential shifting from this iteration of the Logitech Wheels because in Rally, that would have been extremely useful and more realistic.

Using the Logitech G27 does NOT translate at all into driving an actual stick. To answer your question from a game perspective though. Try:

Dirt 3
Shift 2 Unleashed
Gran Turismo 5-6 (PS3)
Asseto Corsa (beta)
rFactor
Project CARS (early alpha)

You will find though, that if you want the fastest lap times, you will have to use the Paddle shifters. There's no disputes about it. Paddles let you still have control over the gears, and shifting with a stick + clutch is by no means faster than the flick of a paddle. Some racing games are too fast for a regular shift knob anyway. If you raced on in a Formula 1 car with the H-pattern stick shift, you would red line every 1.5 seconds because you cannot possibly keep up with how fast the RPM's rise in a car like that.

It's a shame they removed sequential shifting from this iteration of the Logitech Wheels because in Rally, that would have been extremely useful and more realistic.

Totally agree except for Dirt 3. I find Dirt 2 much better and fully supports the g27. More variety and rally racing in Dirt 2. D2 has better story, interface(imo),game sound (also soundtrack(imo)). The actual racing is pretty even I just like everything else in the package.

rFactor 2 is probably the most solid force feedback driving experience right now, has eyefinity, and doesn't require the same amount of hardcore dedication as a game like iRacing.

In my opinion, for the PC, in their current form, in order for me:

1. iRacing

2. Assetto Corsa

3. rFactor 2

4. Game Stock Car 2013

5. rFactor or Race07

Last edited:
In my opinion, for the PC, in their current form are in order for me:

1. iRacing

2. Assetto Corsa

3. rFactor 2

4. Game Stock Car 2013

5. rFactor or Race07

I'd pick number 1 or 2 from this list if I were you. add my username if you want someone to race with in Assetto Corsa. Or many other games

Totally agree except for Dirt 3. I find Dirt 2 much better and fully supports the g27. More variety and rally racing in Dirt 2. D2 has better story, interface(imo),game sound (also soundtrack(imo)). The actual racing is pretty even I just like everything else in the package.

I also prefer Dirt 2 to Dirt 3 for what its worth.

Here is my G27 / Playseat hooked upto a PC and PS3 hidden in a closet in the other room, I ran the cables thru the wall and connected them to a Wall Plate to keep everything neat and clean.

iracing and AC for sure, AC is in beta though, may want to wait until its more complete. speaking of iracing I have a race starting right now! :)

cockpit3.jpg

Back