Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard with LCD

laxmiddi44

Gawd
Here.....
7682.jpg

I think that keyboards really cool i bet the lcd will be used for displaying FPS or something.....

I can't imagine how helpful that LCD can be opposed to reading info on your monitor. I don't know. Looks cool nonetheless.

If it has an F-Lock like the logitech elite theres no way I am getting it, that damn thing pissed me off all the time, I would get into a game and start hitting the F keys and they wouldn't work, so I would have to hit the freaking F-Lock key. I really hate how Logitech screws up the default keys so it makes setting up controls in games very difficult. I ahve a MX500 and I dont use there dman drivers because of that, besides all the buttons work except for the one that switches windows, and it is really hard for me to reach without moving my whole hand so I wouldn't use it most of the time anyway.
Butt if they dont screw that part of it up like they have in the past I could see this keyboard being very useful.

hmm, could be cool. it'd be nice to see FPS, and temps on the screen all the time. but i'm sure it would mean another piece of logitech software running all the time...ugh...

Diablo2K said:
If it has an F-Lock like the logitech elite theres no way I am getting it, that damn thing pissed me off all the time, I would get into a game and start hitting the F keys and they wouldn't work, so I would have to hit the freaking F-Lock key. I really hate how Logitech screws up the default keys so it makes setting up controls in games very difficult. I ahve a MX500 and I dont use there dman drivers because of that, besides all the buttons work except for the one that switches windows, and it is really hard for me to reach without moving my whole hand so I wouldn't use it most of the time anyway.
Butt if they dont screw that part of it up like they have in the past I could see this keyboard being very useful.
You know you can turn the F-Lock function off....

Another annoyance of these "new" keyboards is when they turn the highly functional F-keys into these highly dysfunctional chiclet keys -- HATE THAT!

soekev said:
Another annoyance of these "new" keyboards is when they turn the highly functional F-keys into these highly dysfunctional chiclet keys -- HATE THAT!
QFT. Nobody uses the keys!

slowbiznatch said:
You know you can turn the F-Lock function off....

No, it's not something that you turn off. You have to hit the F-Lock key manually everytime you want to use the funtion keys.

You go into the Keyboard software and change all the BS functions to 'keypess', and set the key to the F key that it is. Boom boom bam, F-lock is gone.

The keyboard looks to be exactly what I'd want in a gaming keyboard, though the lcd is a tad extraneous to me. If that LCD could properly work with IMs(trillian-support too) intuitively and conveniently, then it'd be useful to me. Still, the other parts of the keyboard already make me want to buy one.

However, I have to wonder about the software side...I freaking hate logitech bloatware. I just want simplicity and utility. I hate to compliment MS, but in this case their software knocks the socks off of logitech's keyboard/mouse programs. I'm using a logitech keyboard and mouse now because of the physical product, but I pine for microsoft's software. I have to use a 3rd-party program LogiGamer to get the same utility out of my mx510 that I had with my 1st generation intellimouse explorer. The program crashes and fails to work half the time, but it's a damn sight better than simply using Logitech's which completely failed to include program-specific button configurations.

my automatically doesnt use f lock. i love the elite, ive never had a problem with using any of the normal f buttons when i pushed them. maybe its the newer version of the software or something

bealzz said:
my automatically doesnt use f lock. i love the elite, ive never had a problem with using any of the normal f buttons when i pushed them. maybe its the newer version of the software or something

It happens in the (I don't feel like making up suitably strong, yet ok, swearwords) BIOS, far before any software is loaded. It defaults "on", and that's unmitigated evil.

Adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD display
The GamePanel™ LCD shows you crucial system information during gameplay.

So crucial, you have to look down to see how much ammo you have? Ummm.... :confused:

Slick lookin' keyboard. The only use I could see in the LCD would be IM, but then I guess you'd have to have a IM-Lock or something...lol! It would be cool if it could display your system temps and fan speeds, but that certainly is not crucial...at least not to most people. I would love to have one, but I'm certainly not paying $80 for a keyboard I don't need...so I'm stickin' with my Elite.

I'd rather have the saitek eclipse for 30$ cheaper and a smaller footprint. That is a huge keyboard, and at a LAN or something you dont necessarily have that much space. I would much rather save the desk space for a larger mousing area than a larger keyboard. The Saitek Eclipse has everything that does besides the macro keys and the LCD display, and I already have an LCD display for my PC, dont need another on my keyboard.

I like the backlight keys idea with three different brightness levels. My Keyboard is always partly under the desk on one of those sliding trays, so the lighting is usually bad, lit keys would be nice. But the LCD display would be wasted unless I pull the keyboard all the way out.

Though, I wish someone would take this company's design and build it, a keyboard where every key has it's own color display, so you can change the buttons to anything you want:

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

These are 3D renderings I believe:
keyb_002.jpg

qua.jpg

keyb_left.jpg

Whats the chances of that actually having win64 support, still waiting on a Zboard driver (yes I know zboards are all flash and no dash, I just like how the keys feel)

Diablo2K said:

i know exactly what your talking about damn f-keys not workin'

holy hell... best keyboard ive ver seen IMHO but im a gadget freak :D and lovin my elite :D

i still dont understand why some people have or are having problems with f-lock. when my machine boots up, the little f light is on, and all my keys work as normal f-keys.

i have to push the f-lock button again to get all the special shortcuts again.
i know this is kind of off topic, but im wondering if you guys are still using the keyboard and experiencing the problem or if you guys have given up on the keyboard and logitech somehow fixed the problem.

How good is this keyboard, keys wise compared to the saitek?
anyone able to compare them?

why don't these keyboards have a winkey disable switch?

sparks

sparks said:
How good is this keyboard, keys wise compared to the saitek?
anyone able to compare them?

why don't these keyboards have a winkey disable switch?

sparks

Honestly I'm starting to give up on special functions on keyboards. I nearly bought a Das Keyboard before settling with the most generic logitech keyboard I could find (gotta love the thin enter key that allows backslash to sit right on top).

I've been considering getting one of those usb key pad things. I figure it'd be a bit more ergonomic, considering the key pad things are smaller and easier to place in a more comfortable spot.

GodSpeed said:
I don't look down at my keyboard, even if I did it wouldn't do much:
could that be Das Keyboard? you spent $80 on something without letters, let alone an LCD screen! ha!

just kiddin man, how are the different weight zones and all that?

this thing just SCREAMS MARKETING PLOY to me.. It doesn't look the least bit useful at all...

The LCD screen is a joke.. If you're in a middle of a game, you're not going to go.."Wait a tick! I better not look at the HUD that's right in front of me on my monitor, and instead take my eyes off the game, and look at duplicate info on a 3 inch wide dinky ass LCD... " besides, if you wanted an LCD display, and don't have a Matrix Orbital mounted in a 5 1/4, you should be ashamed! :D

uh.. yea.. that'll come in handy.. The macro keys are good for RTS stuff, sometimes.. but seeing that I have a Saitek Gaming Keyboard, and I've yet to find any usefullness for the gaming pad (albeit I do predomintaly play FPS's, where macros aren't a huge deal), I don't think that this is going to be a big seller.. What it REALLY does though, is make this keyboard frickin' huge!! look at the size of this thing.. forget trying to put in on a keyboard tray..

For the price, you're much better off with one of the Saitek keyboards, vs' dropping 80 bucks on this thing.. You could get two saitek boards for the same price.. ;)

redheadfred said:
could that be Das Keyboard? you spent $80 on something without letters, let alone an LCD screen! ha!

just kiddin man, how are the different weight zones and all that?

HA, it was free. No, seriously. Product samples rock.
Since this thread won't be seen by Das Keyboard, it's simply a redyed Keytronics USB keyboard. That being said, it rocks awesomely like old school IBM keyboards.

Just grab a keytronics and paint it black, tada. Although the quality of the Das Keyboard is really good because it's dyed plastic and not spray (I checked the inside, etc).

bealzz said:
i still dont understand why some people have or are having problems with f-lock. when my machine boots up, the little f light is on, and all my keys work as normal f-keys.

i have to push the f-lock button again to get all the special shortcuts again.
i know this is kind of off topic, but im wondering if you guys are still using the keyboard and experiencing the problem or if you guys have given up on the keyboard and logitech somehow fixed the problem.

Well, the last one I tried wasn't more than a few months old, and it was the other way around. Not that I care, all my keyboards are rather old.
(The newest one is probably the mitsumi one I'm using now. It's got Win-keys, but no other extras, and the classical 105-key layout. Just like I want it.)

Oh, and minor grammatical nitpick: "Das" means "The", so "The Das Keyboard" is redundant. :)

Barnaby said:
this thing just SCREAMS MARKETING PLOY to me.. It doesn't look the least bit useful at all...

The LCD screen is a joke.. If you're in a middle of a game, you're not going to go.."Wait a tick! I better not look at the HUD that's right in front of me on my monitor, and instead take my eyes off the game, and look at duplicate info on a 3 inch wide dinky ass LCD... " besides, if you wanted an LCD display, and don't have a Matrix Orbital mounted in a 5 1/4, you should be ashamed! :D
As was mentioned during the workshop, (1) the publicly-available SDK will allow people to put whatever they want on the LCD and (2) you can use the LCD for just about anything (monitoring CPU load, CPU temp, etc.). It could really come in handy for some of us.
:D

Despite my obvious love for old-school keyboards, I can see some really neat uses for it. I'm not sure if I'd actually use it, but at least it could be nice to have the possibility.
Now, do I want this more than a new Model M ...

HHunt said:
Oh, and minor grammatical nitpick: "Das" means "The", so "The Das Keyboard" is redundant. :)
Grammatical correction.

Das = This.

Der = The

Although it does change depending on what context you are using it in.

Wo ist der post? Where is the post?

Das post is dot druben. The post is over there.

Der is masculin.

Das is feminine.

<--- Kraut.

In this specific context, "Das Keyboard" => "The keyboard", assuming that it's a singular, nominative, neuter noun. ("Das Keyboard ist schwarz" etc.)
And indeed, in the singular/nominative cases, Die->feminine, Der->masculine, Das->neuter.
For "this" you'd want to mangle "Diese" into the right case/gender. For nominative/neuter, I think it'll be "Dieses".

As for the location of the post, It's still the subject in the answer, so it's still nominative, and (if I remember the grammar of questions correctly), should be "der post ist" (over there).

<= Had three years of german in school a long time ago and cheated a bit by looking up some details

Edited: Repeatedly.

You sir are correct. I really didn't want to go into that much detail. Oh, and in the case of the post it's goingo t be Das, I can't remember why exactly some stupid little nuance of some sort in the way it was asked.

Back