Logitech Elite keyboard software fixes?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know the history of software fixes for iTouch and the Logitech Elite keyboard? I'm thinking of getting it next month.

A couple problems I would like solved are:

1. System takes a long time to shut down with iTouch software installed. Apparently, you have to turn the software off first.

2. Have to hit F-lock each time we want to use the "real" F-keys (F1, F2, etc.). You also have to turn the software off for this as well.

I think there should be settings within the software so that you can set these features either way you want.

It seems like they weren't fixed in versions 2.15 and 2.2, but I have no idea of the fixes in between these two. Anyone know? Thanks.

Have you checked the Logitech website? I don't know what problems you are talking about when shutting down. I have no problems with this keyboard at all and would buy another one if this one broke.
The F-Lock key having to be pressed each time you restart is annoying and they should fix it but then again it isn't like I cant move my finger 3 inches to hit it. I don't have to turn off the software for any reason ever so again I don't know what you are talking about here. Where did you get your information? I recently updated to the newest iTouch software version and there is little difference that I can tell besides Winamp support (no support yet for newest version though).

Thanks for the info. See, that's the problem, I checked the web site and they only say what the newest version (2.20) fixed, but not previous versions. I couldn't find links to older versions or anything at google.com with a search. As of version 2.15, these two problems weren't fixed. So, obviously, between versions 2.15 and 2.20 somewhere these problems were fixed or at least explained better.

It seems the way it is worded, I thought the F-lock key had to be pressed every time you are ready to hit a F key. Apparently, it's like numlock/capslock and once it is hit it stays on. If that is indeed the case, then great! Looks like I'll get this keyboard instead of the $9 Mitsumi black, hehe. :cool:

...also, I'm still using Winamp 2.80, so as long as I install that one I'll be fine.

My F-lock key starts up toggled on; that is to say, with standard F-key functions rather than shortcut keys.

It does however toggle itself from time to time. And each time it does, it's accompanied by a rather annoying several-second freeze on mouse and keyboard input. It doesn't happen very often but it's troublesome when it does, especially while gaming.

Back