logitech dinovo?

purple_haze

2[H]4U
i was thinking of getting a logitech di novo, yes im downgrading from an ergonomic keyboard to a flatboard and "shock its a wireless." I was wondering if this would work flawlessly for gaming. I really wished they had a wired version but since the keyboard was split up into 2 seperate things i can understand. taking out the num pad would open a lot of space on my keyboard drawer, more room than my microsoft multimedia ergonomic keyboard i had to make an extension for it and it still doesnt close, after these 4 years with these i wanna move one to something smaller. if this has some sort of lag on gaming then im staying away so i need some input first, before i rush and get it. The thing is so sexy though.

it has a little lag like any wireless keyboard/mouse i would assume, but you get used to it and its like some milliseconds or something. the dinovo is expensive dude.

I have one. I used it for about 2 months then put it in the closet.

The keyboard is fantastic.

The software is what got to me. The Bluetooth software is HUMUNGOUS and adds very measureable time to the system startup.

And it injects itself into every little part of your computer. Network connections, you name it.

This same setup with a standard wireless connection would really kick.

This is more of a bluetooth issue than a Logitech issue.

-Larry

I use a dinovo laser at work and at home. When you do the install, use the microsoft drivers, it will ask you if you want to install the logitech bluetooth drivers or use the built in microsoft ones, just use the microsoft. Only install Setpoint, don't install the mediacenter or the other thing that is included. It took me about two weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling to figure out the exact install method, but once I did, it works flawlessly. I play BF2 and HL and have no problems with lag.

I put the usb bluetooth transceiver on the front usb ports of my cases, it seems to get better reception there.

2gigs said:
My mx1000 has no lag whatsoever,
yes it does. you just don't notice it. I'm very picky with responsiveness and I noticed right away on my friend's MX1000.

To the OP, That's gonna be quite a change in keyboards. Even going from my logitech elite to my friends (same one with the MX1000) dinovo........going from an ergo board would be even more difficult. Just stick with it and you'll be ok. I don't think keyboard lag is as noticable as mice lag imo, so I think you'll be fine in that sense.

LunchboX3904 said:
yes it does. you just don't notice it. I'm very picky with responsiveness and I noticed right away on my friend's MX1000.

Ignorance is bliss... ;)

I had the unit for about 6 months on my system. Then it got downgraded to my girlfriends computer and upgraded to the MX5000 set. I enjoy bluetooth, but it is a very big footprint on the system.

I really did not like the rubber or whatnot on the wrist guard, it gets stuck with dirt. I really was happy with the keyboard on a whole.

A side note: I am very happy with my MX5000. I wish they have something that is like the MX5000 in a ergonomic keyboard.

I was wondering if this would work flawlessly for gaming.

It works really well (not as good as wired) when it works.

I've had the DiNovo for a little over two years, and over the past couple of months the RF Reciver has been acting flakey causing my mouse and keyboard to not respond corectly (When I wanna move left I move right, and right I move left). Which, can suck alot during CS:S. So..

The DiNovo has worked GREAT for me before I had started having the problems, but as of right now, I hate it.

And, F.Y.I for everyone talking about BlueTooth, Logitech has two DiNovo sets, one BlueTooth one RF. I personally have the RF one.

EQTakeOffense said:
It works really well (not as good as wired) when it works.

I've had the DiNovo for a little over two years, and over the past couple of months the RF Reciver has been acting flakey causing my mouse and keyboard to not respond corectly (When I wanna move left I move right, and right I move left). Which, can suck alot during CS:S. So..

The DiNovo has worked GREAT for me before I had started having the problems, but as of right now, I hate it.

And, F.Y.I for everyone talking about BlueTooth, Logitech has two DiNovo sets, one BlueTooth one RF. I personally have the RF one.

So the rf dinova had no noticeable lag in cs:s?
thats the only game i seem to play anymore along with age of empire 3.
that was the keyboard i was thinking of getting anyway, since i was just gonna get a logitech CF g7 for the mouse and didnt really care much for the mx1000. i found it online for like 50 bucks, so it isnt a bad deal. If i can hold in cs, then i would be satisfied.

ya, i went from a logitech elite to an microsoft ergonomic keyboard. Gave the keyboard to my dad, and i find that i have no problem switching from an ergonomic keyboard to a regular keyboard at all. In terms of comfort, i find that it is really negligible. Each one of them have their quirks. Its funny that im the only one in my house can use this keyboard, everyone else hates this thing. The keyboard upgrade is overdue, since im kinda sick on seeing this thing and the new microsoft keyboard looks freaking crazy with a 7 degree slope for the ergonomic.

LunchboX3904 said:

To the OP, That's gonna be quite a change in keyboards. Even going from my logitech elite to my friends (same one with the MX1000) dinovo........going from an ergo board would be even more difficult. Just stick with it and you'll be ok. I don't think keyboard lag is as noticable as mice lag imo, so I think you'll be fine in that sense.

can i correct you thare

no lag whatsoever,

of he has a bad desktop suface, or you are 1000000000ft away from the base.

So the rf dinova had no noticeable lag in cs:s?

Nothing noticeable for the keyboard at all. I have an MX1000 that has SOME lag, but, I'm not hardcore enough of a gamer to care.

ive been using mine forever, and even when it shuts down to conserve power ill be in a game and as soon as i touch it, it instantly responds, no lag. it really does depend on your surface and distance from the transmitter though.

psh who games 5 feet away from their monitor, ill be within less than a foot from my desktop and my monitor. So I would get optimum range right?

psh who games 5 feet away from their monitor, ill be within less than a foot from my desktop and my monitor. So I would get optimum range right?

The rich SOBs with procjetors or 60 inch plasma/projection TV's :cool:

But yeah, within 3ft is the sweet spot for RF.

EQTakeOffense said:
The rich SOBs with procjetors or 60 inch plasma/projection TV's :cool:

But yeah, within 3ft is the sweet spot for RF.

RF (logitech or microsoft) didn't work with either of my media centers, too far away, I use the microsoft bluetooth set with the one and the Logitech Harmony 880 with the other. Haven't tried my dinovo bluetooth set with it, that set sticks with the game system.

Back