• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech DiNovo Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
920
This is very much a "Your Mileage May Vary" post.

Best Buy, at least the one I work at, is cleaning out their Logitech DiNovo keyboards.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8197685&type=product&id=1165610666055

It's not showing online, but these are being clearenced for, 39.99$. Yes folks, that's a 200$ keyboard for 40$. The store I work at went through about 25 of these today. Not sure if it's company wide, but I have a feeling it is because Best Buy for some silly reason thought a lot of people would buy these 200$ at list price, and nobody did.
 
Uhhhh... Please pick one up for me and I'll pay you to ship it?

If what you say is true, then holy crap. :eek:
 
^^please pick one up for me also if thats the case(gladly make payment of your choice), Best Buy where i live has it as regular price:(
 
wow, I wouldnt mind more info on this too. In for 1 if real!?

edit because I want to clarify, I definitely will pay somebody 45$ plus shipping to get me one of these.
 
I think this thread should be locked, if you have some pictures of that clearance sales please post them otherwise this is BS! If I ever find any store selling at that price I'll buy all of them :)
 
Sorry, I work in one of the Michigan stores, but we basically ran out, I think we had like 3 left when the store closed.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is a bunch of stores or just the one I work at. We got like 30-40 of these keyboards in a couple of months ago and, suprise, suprise, nobody bought them. I mean it's a REALLLY nice keyboard(typing on my brand new one now), but unless you've got a bunch of money, you're not going to buy a $200 keyboard.

Last week they were on clearance for $120, and I almost picked one up, but today they went to $40, and they just disappeared. Most of the stock was bought by employee's who just went "HOLY CRAP" basically across the board.

Sorry, can't really buy any and ship'em because they'll be gone by the time I can get back in.

But check around, especially if you're in, or near a college town, it's possible the college Best Buy's all got a ton of these things, but I dunno.

I Suppose I could take a picture of the receipt, but I'd have to remember which of those annoying photo places I'm signed up for ;)

Linky to picture of the receipt.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/Zumino/?action=view&current=DSCF07072.jpg
 
Damn, thought this we the media set for 40 bucks. Oh well. Can you update the title to say Dinovo Edge?
 
omg thanks!! this is wat i have been waiting for! i hope they have them at my store tomorrow!!
 
Just got back from my local Best Buy in West LA, and the keyboard rang up at: 139.99, 151 with tax.

So if you do manage to get some, I'm with these other people and will pay you + shipping and whatever if you do find some more.
 
I tried this thing over at a friends dorm a bit out of curiosity and another bit out of momentary necessity... this thing is deff not for ppl with wide shoulders, its really small and has no number pad. I normally dont like laptop and laptop-like keyboards, but this is the first one to make my wrists actually hurt... maybe thats just because i'm a wide-shouldered person, but it really stands out when even I cant tolerate the wrist pain.
 
Does it ring up at $40 automatically, or was it a discount-at-checkout deal?
 
I think this thread should be locked, if you have some pictures of that clearance sales please post them otherwise this is BS! If I ever find any store selling at that price I'll buy all of them :)


Last time I was in the Best Buy store # 315 (I believe that's the store #, either way it's in Crystal Lake, IL) they had about 20 of these keyboards for $39.99. This was 2 weekends ago.

I might go back and try to get one or five.
 
I couldn't find any at my bestbuy... :(

I was really wanting to use a gift card or two...

I'll probably call the next closest BB to see if they got any instock...
 
39.99 BABY!

I walked out with 2, 1 for me and the other for some poor shmuck on ebay

Freakin OP i think i love you, this thing is awsome(except for not having a number pad, but for being like 1/2 inch thick i think its worth it)
 
Only place in the Cleveland area that had that pricepoint was Mayfield and they were out(supposedly never carried em in the first place.) Canton had about 4 for 60 or so dollars according to their system. Whatever Bestbuy in PA that is closest to Mayfield, Ohio had 3 or 4 for the 40 dollar price point(sorry couldn't grab the name with the quick glance i got.)


edit: Maybe try to ask the salesperson to look it up in their system and tell you what stores have them at that price point, since it seems the system lists these things.
Hope I can help some of you get one. (And let me know if you find an extra! )
 
Bolingbrook, IL has em' for $79, Downers Grove $139....

$90 bucks for a keyboard after tax, fuck that...
 
if you want to know jusyt check the stock online(See store availability)

itlls tell you, saves you a drive
 
Quite a few in stock at the store in Fayetteville, NC. $139.99 though. I work there, so I'll be checking every day for a price drop :p
 
and its all popping up in the FS section, they just never mention which city they got it from so we can see where the clearances are. bastards. plus it's on SD now, so if you havent checked your local BB, might want to do that now before the rest of the SD horde gets there first :D

no go in chapel hill
 
If you happen to live around the Chattanooga area it shows stock at both stores. Not sure if they are marked down yet though.
 
Oh I am so at Best Buy tomorrow morning. This'll be perfect for the hackintosh I just built!
 
I tried this thing over at a friends dorm a bit out of curiosity and another bit out of momentary necessity... this thing is deff not for ppl with wide shoulders, its really small and has no number pad. I normally dont like laptop and laptop-like keyboards, but this is the first one to make my wrists actually hurt... maybe thats just because i'm a wide-shouldered person, but it really stands out when even I cant tolerate the wrist pain.

thanks all i needed to know :)
 
Only place in the Cleveland area that had that pricepoint was Mayfield and they were out(supposedly never carried em in the first place.) Canton had about 4 for 60 or so dollars according to their system. Whatever Bestbuy in PA that is closest to Mayfield, Ohio had 3 or 4 for the 40 dollar price point(sorry couldn't grab the name with the quick glance i got.)


edit: Maybe try to ask the salesperson to look it up in their system and tell you what stores have them at that price point, since it seems the system lists these things.
Hope I can help some of you get one. (And let me know if you find an extra! )

Thanks for the heads up on CLE-area stores ... might just hit up the Canton locations, as I could really use a replacement for the Logitech Ultra X I've been pounding away at for over two years now. :p
 
Just wanted to throw in one more thing. Their internal systems definitely showed different quantities than the website for what stores had what. I have a feeling the website has a margin of error of 3 or so units. I know Mentor was showing one on their systems but zero on the website (don't get your hopes up, was only discounted to 140 there.)
 
I went to bb to see and it rang up as $119.00. Im trying to find out how much it will be with the employee discount!
 
It was $119.99 at the local Best Buy here. Guess I'll have to check back later and see if I can score one on the cheap.
 
I've checked a few stores in the Metro Detroit area, and have the following to report:

Novi: In stock @ 139.99
Westland: In stock @ 119.99
Dearborn: In stock @119.99
Southfield: In stock @59.99 (1 left)

I grabbed 2 from Southfield during my lunch hour today...
 
Store 277 - Overland Park, KS - 0 in stock @ $139.99
Store 193 - Olathe, KS - 0 in stock @ 139.99 (Had 2)

I purchased 2 because they will price match if the price falls anywhere in the region.
 
Went to the San Jose, CA store, they had one open box marked @ 119, rang up as $139.

It's very, very YMMV.
 
I've checked a few stores in the Metro Detroit area, and have the following to report:

Novi: In stock @ 139.99
Westland: In stock @ 119.99
Dearborn: In stock @119.99
Southfield: In stock @59.99 (1 left)

I grabbed 2 from Southfield during my lunch hour today...
139 here at Rochester Hills. I will be watching it VERY closely, however, lol.
 
Apparently none at my local BB...although, I think the guy didn't understand what I was asking for when I called. I said DiNivo, he thought 'mobile'.

Oh well. This super-cheapo Dell keyboard will do for now...I need headphones ATM :p
 
just stopped at a couple of BBs after work to see if these were on clearance. Best price was $139.99. Looks nice, but not $139 nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top