Logitech diNovo just got it!

El Spic

[H]ard|Gawd
DiNovo Keyboard

Just got this for Christmas! It looks soooo sweet, now I just have to figure out what I am goign to do with my new bluetooth capabilities :) What do you think I should get next? I have no bluetooth devices besides the keyboard/mouse/mediapad.

also since I have a new array of function buttons what software do you recommend for binding commands to keys?

:)

Well, I gotta say that is a funky board setup.
Don't know how it feels to use though.

Anyway, set the functions to what programs you use most often.

$250 for a keyboard? Holy crap! Get a bluetooth phone. I have a T616 and well, simply put - it's the shit.

Originally posted by NleahciM
$250 for a keyboard? Holy crap! Get a bluetooth phone. I have a T616 and well, simply put - it's the shit.
keyboard and mx900 mouse

i've been looking tp purchase this same keyboard/mouse combo, but am waiting to see it in person in a store so i can decide if i like the feel of it. My question for you is what do the two silver, circular buttons on the lower right hand corner of the keyboard and media pad do?? they look like they'd get in the way while you using the arrow keys and suck. I've also heard the media pad is a little awkward to use, but let us know how you like it.

I also have the Sony Ericsson T616 phone, it's the shit, but at&t's service kinda sucks...blutooth with it is awesome though.

That's an absurd amount of money, but I'd be more interested down the road (when the price is more sane) if they had a natural type keyboard.

Originally posted by archevilangel
keyboard and mx900 mouse

Oh, ok then - mx900 is $90 right? So only $160 for a keyboard. Good lord. I kinda wish that i had that much money to just throw around. But then again I kinda am glad I don't. No actually that's not true - I'd like to have that kind of money...

They've been saying those 'laser' keyboards are 'only months' away for a good year and a half, if not more.

laser-keyboards == vapourware

Its a nice keyboard/mouse combo but for 250, thats really pushing it, or ur pretty loaded, either way good luck hope u dont have much of a consience

It was a christmas present d00d

His 'rents prolly bought it for him. Would you accept a kick@$$ keyboard/mouse combo that you know is way overpriced....., for free?

Originally posted by Cloud15x
It was a christmas present d00d

His 'rents prolly bought it for him. Would you accept a kick@$$ keyboard/mouse combo that you know is way overpriced....., for free?

no I wouldnt.

would you?

Hell I did!

The media pad is cool to use as long as it is flat on something, I have my computer in a loft that isnt that big so its a great remote control for me. It can open and close programs, plus the media player from logitech is sweet, the fonts are huge and the program takes up the whole screen so it can be seen from everywhere.

The silver keys are media controls and could be bound to any program. and the dont get in the way at all.

I have to figure out a way to make the media pad work with instant messages from trillian cause the digital display on it is awesome, wish it was backlit though.

Remember its 250 bucks - 90 for the Mouse so its $160 for a sweet keyboard, a media pad control, and a bluetooth terminal. Thats really not that bad.

Anyway I am happy about it

Who gives a shit if he spent $250 on the thing, if he's got the money and that's what he wants, good for him. I'm 19, have 2 jobs, go to school full time, and have bills to pay, yet i'm still looking to buy a set for myself once i can "test" it out in person at a retail store. I've found them online for around $190 as well, which makes it a little more reasonable. If it's as nice as people say, then i dont' see why not. MX700 mosue is getting old now, and the MX900 is the newest thing, and it's worth getting the DiNovo for the extra $50 over the price of the MX Duo f/ bluetooth.

Why do people always attack people here for spending too much money all the time if they buy something expensive...but when people are asking for something to buy for a certian price people always tell them to buy something more expensive...I'll never get it.

people are either bitter that they don't have the money, or else they're too idealistic and don't quite realize how sometimes people just CAN"T spend anymoney...

anyhow i dunno how worthwhile a bluetooth mouse and kb is over standard wireless (i know its easier to integrate w/ other devices) but that media controller looks pimp as shit.

what i would use it for if i could is a PCHT. cuz wired shit for a PCHT is just not that cool i'm sorry ;)

True. Thats also a good use for the bluetooth

this item seems geared towards a HTPC

long wireless range. don't have to have multiple hubs if you stay bluetooth. looks good. probably can be made small (use the breakaway). NICE

Also why does everyone here say spend spend spend then cut back on the keyboard. Its one of the three things (with the mouse hes getting here too which is top of the line) that you spend most of your time actually interacting with your computer. Its all about control.

Personally, I think the price on bluetooth is still in the early adopter area. Basically, items are much higher priced than furthur along in the adoption curve. In 6-9 months the Di Novo may be around $150-175, especially for brown box.

Either way, it looks very nice. I am presently using an Apple Pro keyboard which has turned out much more comfortable for me than the MS Natural items I used for years.

The separate numpad is very interesting. I am not sure how it wil work out with games, but would definitely look cool on a desk. If someone was piping audio from their PC to their stereo the extended remote would be convenient.

That's sweet...I considered doing that but instead keep my ancient (original) ms natural and mx700. I want a touchstream badly, though. That plus a few of these to handle my audio system volume, zoom in graphics apps and what not and I'd be golden.

Considering it was a present, all the better. You guys who rip on people for spending money on interface gear are a bit misguided methinks....

There's plenty of people around here who have killer systems yet sit on crappy chairs in front of small, crappy monitors to use them. My MS natural keeps me happy because it has long throw on the keys and I'm used to it..but yeah. I spend lots of time in front of the monitor (only thing you look at) and mouse/keyboard (only things I touch...other than a tablet pen on occasion). Those, plus a comfortable chair/decent workspace/desk setup are more important to me than an extra couple FPS in a game....perhaps they are to other people as well.

Besides: He didn't ASK if it was a good deal or not. He asked what to bind buttons to..and I couldn't say. What do YOU want to bind them to? :p

the looks on the keyboard are great. i question bluetooth's capability and the egernomics of that keyboard. style is one thing, practicality is another cough*MAC*cough. but if ur happy then i guess thats all that matters. it was a gift anyways :)

chamdesktop1.jpg

chamdesktop2.jpg

dinovo1.jpg

those are some pics of my new after christmas desktop

enjoy!

ergonomics werent that important to me I just spend my tiem either modeling or plaing games on the computer

Back