Logitech creates electromagnetic mouse wheel

Conman

Gawd
For the MX Master 3, Logitech completely redesigned its mouse wheel using electromagnets instead of traditional gears, and now it’s downright magical feeling. Everything about Logitech’s new MagSpeed wheel feels silky smooth—almost buttery. When you’re scrolling slowly, the bumps are simply a gentle reminder that yes indeed, the wheel is moving. It’s like riding over a pothole in a car with nice suspension. Meanwhile, when you gotta go fast, the wheel can spin freely with essentially zero resistance or noise, allowing you to skip through 1000 lines in about a second.

https://gizmodo.com/this-new-logitech-mouse-has-a-magnetic-wheel-that-feels-1837751915/amp

Isn’t that what Apple used on the little scroll wheel on the wireless Apple Mouse?

Don't know anything about the Apple wireless mouse. Buuut I do know Apple, and they would sue the F**K out of Logitech if it was even close.

Good, this was the weak point on the mx masters. I could kill the auto ratchet in 2 or 3 days with heavy CAD use. Killed two then never used the feature again. Logitech is nothing like they used to be, shit reliability for the price. Button started going, ratchet issue, rubber thumb button started too go, then battery died all in under two years. I get 5 years out of a 20 USD Dell mouse. Meanwhile there is a nearly 20 year old mx700 desktop that's still working in the family.
Modern Logitech is borderline pathetic for an expensive mouse, don't think I'll be going back to them again..

Good, this was the weak point on the mx masters. I could kill the auto ratchet in 2 or 3 days with heavy CAD use. Killed two then never used the feature again. Logitech is nothing like they used to be, shit reliability for the price. Button started going, ratchet issue, rubber thumb button started too go, then battery died all in under two years. I get 5 years out of a 20 USD Dell mouse. Meanwhile there is a nearly 20 year old mx700 desktop that's still working in the family.
Modern Logitech is borderline pathetic for an expensive mouse, don't think I'll be going back to them again..

This reminds me. I need to order a new mouse for work. My current MX Master still works fine, but the rubber on the scroll wheel is turning to goo. Same crap that happens to that crap rubberized coating that tons of different companies have used since at least the early 90's.

Magnetic scroll wheel actions sounds amazing.

Edit: Check this out. It describes what goes wrong with the scroll wheel in the MX and MX 2S and how to fix it.
https://toemat.com/logitech-mx-master-fix/

Last edited:
Back