Logitech claims 250 hours of use in new mouse.

Looks great, wonder how much heavier (or lighter I hope) it will be than the G700?

Has anyone been able to find the dimensions of the mouse anywhere? I've been hoping for a G9 successor...

Woah, that is crazy long for gaming. Although logitech does have non gaming mice that last years on a single AA.
I want to see the specs for this thing. I also hope it is lighter than the g700.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

It looks like they sacrificing a lot in tracking to get the extra battery life, but some people may consider it adequate. Here are the stats.

G602

Technical Specifications

Tracking
Resolution: 250 – 2,500 dpi
Max. acceleration: >20G*
Max. speed: up to 2 meters/second (80ips)*

* Some profile settings require Logitech Gaming Software, available at logitech.com/downloads.

Responsiveness
USB data format: 16 bits/axis
USB report rate: Up to 500 reports/second

Glide
Dynamic coefficient of friction - Mu (k): .09*
Static coefficient of friction - Mu (s): .14*

*Tested on wood-veneer desktop.

Durability
Buttons (Left / Right): 20 million clicks
Feet: 250 kilometers

Battery Life and Wireless
Performance mode: up to 250 hours*
Endurance mode: up to 1440 hours*
Wireless range: 3 meters**

Versus G700s
Durability

Buttons (Left/Right): 20 million clicks
Feet: 250 kilometers

Tracking

Resolution: 200 dpi - 8200 dpi
Image processing: 12 megapixels/second
Max. acceleration**: 30 G
Max. speed**: up to 165 inches (4.19 meters)/second
Responsiveness

USB data format: 16 bits/axis
USB report rate: Up to 1000 reports/second
Sleep mode: variable
Glide

Dynamic coefficient of friction***: .09 μ (k)
Static coefficient of friction***: .14 μ (s)

interesting mouse, but the listed sensor settings make me wonder which it uses and whether it's worth considering or not.

No side scroll? Thumb buttons look crowded. I definitely would have to test a bit as anything I use needs to do more than add gaming buttons.

There doesn't seem to be a corded mode on this like the G700. I think it's acceptable if the batteries really last the 200+ hours. I'll just get some Sanyo Eneloops.

Reading the product description at Amazon, the batteries of the G602 aren't marked as "replaceable"... so I'm assuming that they aren't rechargeable, akin to an XBox 360 Controller.

Check the chart halfway down this page:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...&qid=1377723548&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g602

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh no! I was so excited reading the article until I came back here and saw the stats were worse. I guess I don't really need higher than 2500DPI, will we notice it?

My G700s feels just as precise at 2000 DPI vs 8200 DPI, only difference being with 8200 you have to put the sensitivity way down to compensate. I think there was an article floating around about how higher DPI != more precise, it just helps if you have a super large desktop resolution? I still only have 1080p on my "gaming" monitor because its a 120hz (non overclocked) screen.

The article you're referencing is correct. DPI is only a measure of how fast the cursor moves. It is not associated with precision or accuracy. Increasing DPI and reducing in-game sensitivity does not improve tracking performance.

So that said which one of the other stats about this mouse could make it noticeably worse than the G700s?

Yeah I hate every few days when my mouse dies on me in the heat of battle because I forgot to switch batteries, but thats still not enough to make me switch if it means I'll notice a difference, performance wise... $80 is a hefty price to pay to do a side-by-side comparison.

The article you're referencing is correct. DPI is only a measure of how fast the cursor moves. It is not associated with precision or accuracy. Increasing DPI and reducing in-game sensitivity does not improve tracking performance.

It depends on the game. If you're moving a 3D viewport around a higher sensitivity and lower
in-game sensitivity can increase precision if the game is programmed to take advantage of it.

For example, a sensitivity of 1 could rotate your view .001 degrees for every dot the mouse moves and a sensitivity of 10 would move it .01 degree for every dot the mouse moves. Your precision increases by 10X if you increase your DPI by 10X and lower your sensitivity by 10X. This is of course assuming that the game engine keeps track the angle you're turned this precisely.

I think Unreal Engine games do this. In Chivalry you can manually set your sensitivity to 1 in using the console. This is significantly lower than the GUI allows you to set it. I use 7200 DPI with sensitivity at 1 sensitivity and it is easily noticeable how much more precise it is than having 1200 DPI and whatever sensitivity setting I had set using the GUI to achieve the same turning speed.

But this depends on the way the game was programmed, on some games you can actually lose accuracy by setting the sensitivity to a fraction. I don't think Source engine games take advantage of higher DPI. And a game like StarCraft where you move your cursor in 2 dimensions does not take advantage of a higher DPI.

I hope Logitech is true to what they claim about this mouse. I have literally drained the battery too many times with the Logitech G7 mouse while in the midst of marathon sessions of WoW. I have wiped raids due to dead battery (Yeah, I'm the healer for the tank). It's why I gave up on cordless mouse for gaming. My newest mouse G700, I have never used the cordless part even though I no longer have the times for long gaming hours and my WoW days are over.

Back