Logitech 5500's Line input used with MIC?

NEODARK

Gawd
Hey

I have a nice set of the Z-5500's from logitech, they are connected to my X-Fi (extreme music) via the 3 analog stereo plugs.

The head unit (control pod) for the 5500's has 2 jacks on the side, one of them is heaset, and the one below seems to be "line in".

Is there any way I can use this "line in" located on the control pod to use my mic via control pod?

curretnly the only way I can get it working is by directly connecting the MIC to the X-Fi card in the 4th (multi purpose port) while pluging the headset to the control pod, which makes it akward. (one cable to xfi, one to pod)

Anyway I can get it working by using the "line in" located in the 5500's control pod, so that both plugs are in the control pod?

thanks

Not really. That port you speak of is for things such as an MP3 player which will play audio through the Z-5500's. That signal will never actually get to the computer.

If you want to hear your voice through the speakers, then you can plug in your mic to that "line in" port and use it just fine, but the mic signal won't reach the computer.

Ok, so it's a line in, but only to the 5500's, not back out to the sound card, got it.. thanks :)

Back