Logitec MX 1100

j3ff86

[H]ard|Gawd
Newegg will have them in stock next week. Anyone planning on getting one? I wonder how good they will be for gaming.

I might get one if I finally decide to upgrade from my old, faithful MX700. I'm waiting for some user reviews to circulate first though because I want to see about gaming performance from actual gamers.

I still have my MX1000, even if the charging dock doesn't work right. The lack of rechargeable batteries, IMO, is a serious PLUS, since it means I can go for months by slapping in a $0.25 AA. Every wireless mouse I have now (save the MX1k) is battery powered, and I would never go back to the old docking cradle.

I was thinking I needed to get one of those Revolution things to finally retire the MX1k, but this might be the new ticket. That of course is the real question. Which markets are the MX1100 and the Revolution targeted at? Which is better for what kind of tasks?

I finally got my hands on this mouse and it's a major disappointment: it lags! Even in Windows, when i want to select a text, and have to move the cursor really slow, it lags behind. When i move the mouse really fast, i don't feel it. Only when i need to make some precision slow moves with the cursor, then i feel it lags really bad. So bad that i'm returning it.

It's funny that from 5 or so reviews that i've read, only one mentioned the exact lag that i experienced with it.

ps: it's not a wireless interference problem, as i don't have any cordless phone around me, or a wireless network.

Back