Log of last blue screen...memory causing it?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering how I get to the log of my last blue screen. I got a blue screen that said "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop: 0x0000000A". I would like to figure out what is causing the problem. I heard maybe a driver conflict or maybe a hardware problem. Am I right? I ran memtest on my memory and it got 6 errors before it got to 20% coverage. My memory isn't even overclocked, but my cpu is. I have my q6600 at 3.6ghz. It's at 1600fsb (400x9). I have an evga 680sli mobo and have the fsb ratio thing set to unlinked so I can keep my memory at 800mhz. The memory is at stock voltage of 2.2v. Its this memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820609026 and thats to say if the memory is the problem of this particular blue screen or the cause of many of the blue screens i've been having.

Others may disagree with me, but I always use this memory tester. It errored in seconds when MemTest86+ passed running overnight.

Like the above poster said, I would drop everything to stock, and run Prime95 for 24 hours, then MemTest for 400% or so. Then I'd bring up my FSB but keep my memory on a ridiculously slow divider, slower than stock if possible. Then run Prime95 for 24 hours. If it fails, it's your CPU that's unable to handle that speed. If it passes, crank up the memory and run MemTest. If it fails, then it's your memory. If it passes, but you still get the BSODs, it could be that your computer cannot handle the combination of a fully loaded CPU, a fully loaded GPU, and frequent memory I/O.

You answered your own question. You need to figure out why memtest can't even make one full pass without errors.

Back