wormstrangler
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 28, 2004
- Messages
- 5
http://www.loewe-uk.com/download/concept_l_26_basic_uk.pdf
I know it's a TV first and foremost but I have trialed the 32" version in the shop with my laptop going through VGA. From the quick view I got, it compared to my cheap 19" Mitsubish CRT. It was a little bright but that's easily fixed.
I'm taking my computer in tomorrow to hook up via DVI and have a better look at it in general.
I'm going to be using it mostly for computer things (websites and other text related things, movies, games). Using the laptop, I played UT for a couple of minutes on it frantically moving the view around as fast as the touch pad would let me. I didn't see any blurring/ghosting and the colour reproduction seemed equal to my CRT.
Basically, I just want someone to say "Go for it, it'll rock as a computer MONITOR" so that my feet don't get anymore cold then they are.
I'm just worried that it's not going to be the clearest display FOR TEXT that money can buy. 80% of my time will be spent using the computer on it. The other 20% will be used for DVD's and Consoles. Though when I get my hands on the next-gen consoles, that will mostly change to somewhere closer to 50-50%.
Take note that I'm in Australia. Westinghouse only make fridges over here...not monitors/TV's.
I guess it doesn't really matter what anybody says in the end. I'll see what it looks like for real tomorrow.
I know it's a TV first and foremost but I have trialed the 32" version in the shop with my laptop going through VGA. From the quick view I got, it compared to my cheap 19" Mitsubish CRT. It was a little bright but that's easily fixed.
I'm taking my computer in tomorrow to hook up via DVI and have a better look at it in general.
I'm going to be using it mostly for computer things (websites and other text related things, movies, games). Using the laptop, I played UT for a couple of minutes on it frantically moving the view around as fast as the touch pad would let me. I didn't see any blurring/ghosting and the colour reproduction seemed equal to my CRT.
Basically, I just want someone to say "Go for it, it'll rock as a computer MONITOR" so that my feet don't get anymore cold then they are.
I'm just worried that it's not going to be the clearest display FOR TEXT that money can buy. 80% of my time will be spent using the computer on it. The other 20% will be used for DVD's and Consoles. Though when I get my hands on the next-gen consoles, that will mostly change to somewhere closer to 50-50%.
Take note that I'm in Australia. Westinghouse only make fridges over here...not monitors/TV's.
I guess it doesn't really matter what anybody says in the end. I'll see what it looks like for real tomorrow.