Lockups with ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and eVGA GeForce 6600 DDR 256MB AGP

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
Hi, I was just wondering if any A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard owners had any lockup/freezing problems with the eVGA Geforce 6600 AGP... the lockup/freeze would occur at random times, and I have a 430W PSU so I know it's not a power issue. Thank you for your time.

I suspect it might be the AGP miniport driver, does anyone happen to know where I might be able to get it for my motherboard. Ive looked everywhere and no luck.

I would try a different video card to see if it is the card at fault or the motherboard.

I have replaced the video card twice so i don't think it is the video card

I also want to point some attention to this post on another forum: http://www.pctechtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21233&goto=nextoldest

The user is not me but also reports the same problem that I am having and we are using the exact same motherboard, and gpu from the same manufacturer. He proposes that it is an AGP miniport driver problem, but I have tried looking everywhere and couldn't find it as well. Any ideas on where I could possibly be more successful at locating one? Thank you for your time.

Back