Locking up in games? Reason?

t0x1k

Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
678
I wanted to see if those new Nvidia drivers were good or not...They sucked...I dropped almost 30FPS in ut2k4, and Call Of Duty was unplayable, almost 2 FPS. I rolled back to the previous drivers...I ran 3dmark and overclocked my card a little higher than ussual...it wasn't locking up which was wierd....I got to 280/573 before locking up occured. I backed it down. It score 11332 marks with 275/568. I read on the futuremark.com forums that the 42.01 are best for benchmarking, I downloaded them and installed, I had to unistall the previous drivers first. Rebooted, and installed the drivers...Now ut2k4 locks up at random and only goes back to running if I alt tab out, and alt tab back in. Could I have done serious damage to my card with the higher overclock? Or is this a driver issue? It never locked up before. I backed down all of my overclocks and still it locks up.
 
try uninstalling ALL video drivers, settingup your card as a standard vga.

before you reboot, run a program like driver-cleaner, detonator destroyer, etc...

then reboot. install the driver version you want to run.

it's a pain in the ass, but I hope it solves your problem. games locking up piss me off too ;)
 
Originally posted by nst6563
try uninstalling ALL video drivers, settingup your card as a standard vga.

before you reboot, run a program like driver-cleaner, detonator destroyer, etc...

then reboot. install the driver version you want to run.

it's a pain in the ass, but I hope it solves your problem. games locking up piss me off too ;)

agreed.
 
Back
Top