Locked and unlocked processors AMD new info perhaps

I just bought a couple duron combos from fry's and low and behold they were week 44 processors and the L1's were intact making me believe they were unlocked.

I throw one in my KD7A tried different multipliers but no matter what I try the speed stays the same. I proceeded to OC it via fsb and 2.4 ghz was no problem :), any way where it gets interesting is I put the second processor in and tried to change the multiplier and it did work. So now I have 2 nearly identical processors one which is unlocked the other superlocked. The codes on both are

JIXHB0344UPMW and every other number is identical except the last 3 of the unique number area one is 500 the other is 627. I have started examining the processors with a fine toothed comb, and have found that the traces underneath the processor are actually different, could this help in the quest to unlock the superlocked? I'm pulling the digital camera out and will sent any1 picks who can host, or will post them if any1 can explain how.

i host my pics at www.villagephotos.com it was the first site that came up when i searche for a free image hosting site.. and it works fine for me

to insert a pic on your post just do it like this...

url]
without the spaces between the tags..

i read somewhere else about someone unlocking a week 43.. had the link written down but dont have it on me atm

I'll never buy just a cpu off frys they hide them in a steal cage, you cant just hand pick it. Now they do have soem good combo deals with no oc features,, thats about it as far as cpu's goes... AMD sends them the crappers! OEM

if you truly believe there is a difference between the processors you get from one store and another I feel sorry for you, oh and if your nice you can ask the CSR's to look for certain processors for you, it worked for me - I guess my duron running at 2.4 ghz is one of the crappy processors though :)

More related to this thread I tried to host the pictues at that place but it says there too big.

get "The GIMP" or something like that and shrink the pictures (resize) this is an interesting turn of events, though.

Originally posted by Steven
AMD sends them the crappers! OEM

am i reading that wrong or are you referring to OEM as being crap? there is absolutely no difference in an OEM cpu and a retail other than you get a nice package, 3 year warranty, and a generic hsf with the retail.. the processor itself is the same

too bad my crap OEM 2500 only does 2.4 GHz :( :rolleyes:

edit:: oh yeah.. just use some basic image editing program to resize the images.. even paint can resize them i believe

Back