Locating a transparently bridge AP?

Transition

Limp Gawd
Ok i'm feeling incredibly dumb right now. :confused:

I have a D-Link DAP-2553 AP which I *believe* I transparently bridged over a year ago into our network. The good part is the AP works fantastic - I use it everyday on my laptop! I've had 0 hiccups - but what I need to do now is I'd like to make a guest network available for visitors here.

Tried getting some of the management tools from D-Link but i'm not having any luck finding the IP. Our gateway here is 10.10.0.1 and when i connect to the AP and do a tracert my first hop is still 10.10.0.1.

Any ideas on what I can do to manage this thing besides just hitting the reset button and reconfiguring?

Decided to just reset the AP - reconfigured it from scratch and now we're working as planned!

I'm rather worthless when it comes to networking, but I'ma state the obvious first, so don't take offense by it :D

-Did you try connecting to 192.168.0.1? (While my Gateway is the device's address, I'm using a wireless router, and I believe things change a bit when you are working with an AP or in AP Mode)

-If you're in Vista or Win7 (I'm referencing from the latter), have you tried looking at the Network Map in an attempt to find the AP's IP? (It's in Network and Sharing, top right next to "Internet", should say "See full map". Alternatively pasting this into a folder's address/location box or in the Run command, it should take you right there:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Map)

Again, I'm a 'tard in this department, but hope that helps :p

Back