• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Local Retailer for Danger Den Stuff

sackowitz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2002
Messages
328
While looking around for something stupid today, I noticed a whole corner by the hardware accessories that was basically a danger den store... in Microcenter.

Radiators, blocks, pumps, clearflex60 tubing, adaptors, clamps, etc etc.... I was really impressed at how much crap they carried.

Funny thing is, for some items it looks like it will be cheaper to go to the store and pay sales rather than order online. The shipping rates are pretty expensive on dangerden's site, so if you just need an item or two, might want to check Microcenter out.
 
Not to be rude...but this is old news :) There have been a couple of threads on it already. I will agree I thought they carried a decent selection of watercooling stuff, especially for a nationwide chain.
 
I for one do appreciate it though S. I didn't know that Microcenter carried such good stuff. Looks like I have yet another reason to stop by and browse :D
 
Damn Canada
We have no Microcenter here!
DD online is my only choice.
 
As long as you know what you're looking for.

Microcenter (borrowing from Radio Shack): You've got questions, we've got blank stares.

To be honest, my first WC build was all Danger Den, was about a $350 order and shipping was $15. Where I live sales tax is 8%.. that would be $28 in sales tax for the same build (assuming prices are exactly the same, and you KNOW there's some kind of mark-up). I'll keep shopping online, thanks.

That's not to say I haven't had a fan die on me and I needed one to finish my current mission on Guild Wars so I ran off to Microcenter... I have. I've also had a few friends who've worked at Microcenter... the ones who knew anything all quit. Hell, my local Microcenter doesn't even have pretty "window dressing" I can look at while spending my hard earned dollar.

Last time I was there they had an FX-57 for +$1000, I laughed my way all the way to the door.
 
I can't stand going to retail stores for anything other than clothes, food or personal crap (if I run out of soap or deoderant, I'm not waiting several smelly days for it to ship). But we all know that every once in awhile, we get stuck in a rut on something computer related, and for me at least, it's nice to know that there's at least one half decent resource we can utilize.

I'm sorry if this is old news for you guys, I suppose I should have done a search first. I was just so amazed that watercooling has become enough of a mainstream recognized niche to be supported in a store like Microcenter. I'd always figured that watercooling parts were a specialty item that I'd never see on a store shelf... so you'll have to forgive me - this came to me as a big surprise.

I could see this coming in handy when that trusty ol' pump fails, or something along those lines. You could get up, buy that one item and get it faster but at the same price as you would online, no shipping charges. I ordered my clearflex from danger den, and I found out the very next day that Microcenter had the same stuff at the same price. I'm not saying let's all stop ordering DD stuff online, I just realized I wasted 13 something dollars for shipping for the same exact thing at the same exact price I could have just paid 80 cents in tax to pick it up.

The only real benefit that could justify additional costs of going to a store, as with just about anything else, is that if / when something goes wrong - you now have a person that you can yell at, and replacement parts are a matter of minutes away, instead of days.
 
Mine did... it's a national chain so I can think of why you're wouldn't... go check it out
 
Nettwerk said:
So all microcenters have DD watercooling gear?

All of them are supposed to carry DD gear. Also their prices are pretty much the same as online prices. The deciding factor will be shipping vs. tax, also weighing in the instant gratification of getting it in the store. The only thing I was dissapointed in was the radiator selection (only Black Ice X-Flow).
 
The other positive that no one has mentioned about MicroCenter (and IMO the only good thing about MicroCenter) is that they will accept returns on ANYTHING.

Last year my brother decided to start a squirt gun war in my media room, missed me, hit a powered-on PC that the side panel was removed from for some reason. After a few pops and smoke puffs it died. I tried everything I could think of to determine what exactly fried to no avail. I visited my local MicroCenter, basically bought a whole new PC and replaced part by part until it worked again. After the repair I carefully repackaged everything and went to take it back to MicroCenter. They asked what the problem was with the parts I was returning and I told them the story (figured they'd show me the door with the opened parts in tow but it was worth a try). The guy laughed, said "that sucks", and processed the return on ALL the parts, even the opened ones.

Have to say I was very happy with the service I got that day.

I repeat: as long as you're self-supporting with selecting and finding the exact item you're looking for MicroCenter's not a bad place to shop.

BTW: No, I did not attempt return on the damaged parts (which turned out to be the videocard).
 
Back
Top