Local Network stats - which app is best?

feo

Limp Gawd
Hi there

Posted in the General Software section but got no replies and was directed to come here instead.

Basically, I have my setup at home like this (if it even matters): a Netgear router sitting in the middle of my house connected to my ADSL phone line. My PC on the other side of the house is connected to a wireless bridge (a Linksys flashed with DD-WRT). Then I have my Xbox 360 (and soon to be delivered Boxee Box) on the OTHER side of my house also connected to a (separate) wireless bridge (also a Linksys flashed with DD-WRT).

All I want is a piece of software that'll give my stats on the local throughput to each device on my network.

I stream 720p files to my 360 and notice that at some points it buffers and I basically want to see stats that how how many Mbps my PC is actually streaming the movie to my 360 at.

I found a screenie from someone's Youtube video and basically I want something similar to this (that shows signal strength over time, bandwidth over time etc)

http://i.imgur.com/GsaUY.jpg

Hope this thread will be more successful.

Personally I'd just use inSSIDer to map out the wireless channels to use with the least interference/overlap from neighbors and call it a day...

Back