local network help.

Desolate

Limp Gawd
You can see in the picture i'm sharing my photo folder to the network, but it doesn't show up in the local network, whats weird is if i search the entire network i can get to it, as shown in the 2nd image. How can i get it to show up in my local network.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I edited my first post to explain it better for more help. :)

Are both the computers in the same domain, or is each one different? I'm having a slight problem understanding clearly what you're saying though...are you not able to access the share?

Sieravor said:
Are both the computers in the same domain, or is each one different? I'm having a slight problem understanding clearly what you're saying though...are you not able to access the share?
They are both in the same domain, it seems that i had shared my music folder, and deleted it, and now that i'm trying to add it again its not showing up in the local network. But if a i change the name of my music folder and then add it, it shows up! I dont understand does it still think i have the music folder from before on the network? Is there a way to defrag, clean, refresh the network or something?

Wow...I'm actually not sure what could be causing this problem. Did you use any of MS's wizards to map the shared folders, or did you add them manually?

Sieravor said:
Wow...I'm actually not sure what could be causing this problem. Did you use any of MS's wizards to map the shared folders, or did you add them manually?
ms wizard.
You can see in the picture i'm sharing my photo folder to the network, but it doesn't show up in the local network, whats weird is if i search the entire network i can get to it, as shown in the 2nd image.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I've had a router or two hold on to ghosts of shared folders. I think a good reboot of the PCs and the router should help at the very least. Make sure to leave the router unplugged for ~15 seconds.

That "network places" is somewhat odd anyways, why not just drag a shortcut to your desktop if you use that share often?

Or remove what's current in network places...let it replentish.

Back