Local buyer wins eBay auction, should I ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
I have something listed on eBay and also Craigslist. A guy contacted me on Craigslist and I told him that I cannot pull the auction since it met the minimum. He is bidding on it. If he wins I don't mind meeting him to give it to him but I feel like there is an opportunity for him to screw me. If the auction ends and he pays me but I never provide tracking he could claim that I never shipped him anything and get his money back, leaving me high and dry.

What can I do to protect myself? At this point I'm just going to go ahead and ship it to him.

This. Then he has no proof of paying you.

Well he should ask for some sort of receipt, but I would ask for cash too. Or have him sign a receipt of some sort that he picked up the item he won if he pays via paypal.

Take a good-ol' diplomatic smiling handshake picture, as if there was a big oversized cheque in front of you.

Yeah cash should do it. I'll have him message me on eBay as well saying how it went down. Thanks guys

Can he even pay in cash? If he wins ebay auction he would have to pay through ebay or you'd have to cancel the sale.

If you can get cash then yeah otherwise go through the normal method.

have him meet you and pay in cash before the auction ends and you can cancel the auction. No ebay fees that way.

Have him win the auction, request to cancel, you accept request, ebays part in the transaction is over, go meet him face to face, get cash

and guess what NO paypal and ebay fees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back