Loadout Manager for nostromo speedpad n52 suddenly stopped working

Ladyhawk

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I have Windows 7 64-bit installed. My old Belkin nostromo speedpad n52 has been working correctly for years using this operating system. This morning, however, I woke up to discover that 1) Pinnacle Profiler had stopped working and 2) I could no longer access the loadout manager for the nostromo speedpad n52.

I managed to fix Pinnacle, but I can't get the loadout manager to open. Apparently, it's a common problem, but I never experienced it until now. I'm wondering if a Windows update killed the nostromo loadout manager.

Stuff I've tried:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
2. setting the loadout manager to start in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. No go.
3. accessing the loadout manager through Nostromo editor.
4. turning off UAC

I only need one profile to be loaded because I use it as a base for the Pinnacle Profiler software. Luckily, it was set as the default loadout when the loadout manager quit, so the speedpad is still working. For now.

Do you know of something I haven't tried to get the loadout manager working again?

If not, is there a way to hack the files so only my preferred loadout is chosen? I'm thinking there might be something in the registry. If I erase all the other loadouts, will the drivers automatically choose the one that's left? Can you think of another workaround?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also: I have no idea why it suddenly quit working. *shrug* I don't want to restore my computer to an earlier time because I'm not sure what killed the loadout manager. When I update Windows, it could happen again.

It's working now, but if I have to do a clean install or if something should mess with the loadout settings, I'll be in trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Think I found it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Belkin\Nostromo\Im_options

There's a key called "DefaultLoadout". Anyone want to test to see if changing this works? I'm afraid to considering the loadout manager isn't working. :(

Last edited:
Well, the default loadout is gone now. My nostromo speedpad is worthless like this.

Any help?

Is the te version? You might be able to get the Razer software to work.
I hear ya though, I have 2 TE's and still use them on most games I play. So natural feeling.

The software has always been flaky and confusing on these things.

Is the te version? You might be able to get the Razer software to work.
I hear ya though, I have 2 TE's and still use them on most games I play. So natural feeling.

The software has always been flaky and confusing on these things.

No, it's the original Belkin nostromo n52. Recently I bought an extra one, too. :( Now the software isn't working properly.

Update: I figured out what the problem was.

The issue reared its ugly head during a week of many changes and one of those changes was an update to ZoneAlarm. Now it won't let Nostromo Loadout load properly. I have to exit out of Zonealarm, start Nostromo Loadout and then restart ZoneAlarm. I should complain in their general direction, but it's just one of those things and they never have listened to any of my complaints before. Why should they start now? XD

ZoneAlarm has some issues, but now that I'm used to it, I don't want to change. You know how it is.

Back