• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LL G70B or LL PC-A10B?

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
3,720
Hey all.

Right now I am torn between either the PC-A10B and the G70B.

I will be building a new C2D build w/ 8800GTS or GTX, connected to the westy lvm37w3;

As far as the case goes, I would like it if it were to have a window side panel.

Looking over at Performance PC's, it seems the G70B comes with a window for $219, and the LL PC-A10B ranges from 230-250 shipped from various other resellers w/o a window.

However, people seem to be stating the a10b is one of the best new cases, with the removable mobo feature, better air flow, better positioning of the psu on the bottom, etc.

I would love either, and WaterCooling could be a possibility in the future (hence the want for a windowed side panel) hence, me leaning towards the G70B.

Just thought i'd get some opinions since 250 is the most i have ever spent on a case :)
 
they both look like great cases, i was lookin at both myself for when i upgrade. i think the g70 would be better, its a lil longer giving more room to work in and route cables or tubes for WC.

final decisions up to you tho
 
G70

I drool that case

i drool it

Indeed it is indeed a drool-worthy case =)

However.. I searched and apparently the G70B with a window costs around 260~ish shipped from places such as PerformancePCs, and I think for that price range, I may be leaning towards the SilverStone TJ09.

My next case will either be a SilverStone or a LianLi, so either of those, G70B or TJ09 whose price is right near when I purchase will house my next dream system :)
 
Indeed it is indeed a drool-worthy case =)

However.. I searched and apparently the G70B with a window costs around 260~ish shipped from places such as PerformancePCs, and I think for that price range, I may be leaning towards the SilverStone TJ09.

the G70 on performance pcs is $220, imo its the best case for the price and i'll be getting one as soon as i have money. its $60 less than the TJ09

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=20310&zenid=04076aabbbfedfd5f821ec6fcbbf0fc7
 
yea

it is death by sexy


one of the only cases you could fit a GTX480 in the top w/ all four fans vented

too bad they don't make a 4x rad grill yet :D
 
The A-10 has some issues mounting really big heat sinks because of the top mounted fan. Also, the door presents potential problems for X-Fi Fata1ty panels and fan controllers with big knobs. Finally, and most importantly, the A-10's patent cooling fan is ducted to the rear of the case for exhausting air over the gfx cards. The G-70 exhausts the hot air over the gfx cards straight out the side. If you head over to NewEgg, you'll see lots of reviews for the A-10 complaining that it runs hot. My vote goes to the G-70

Now G-70 vs. Silverstone TJ-09, that's a tough choice.
 
the G70 on performance pcs is $220, imo its the best case for the price and i'll be getting one as soon as i have money. its $60 less than the TJ09

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=20310&zenid=04076aabbbfedfd5f821ec6fcbbf0fc7

Ah, but the final price for me from them is:

$$219.95 + 40.93 = Total of 260~ shipped to 98006.

The SilverStone TJ09 from

Case-Mods.com
is 269.99 + 18 (fedex ground or ups ground for 15), which is around 285-290 shipped.

OR

from SunDial Micro for $257.99 + $23.48 = 281 shipped w/ ups ground.

Both of which have pretty damn excellent reviews on ResellerRatings.com.

So basically I am looking at a difference of 20 dollars, which at this point, i'd be willing to go for if the case would make me happier.

Ahh...! TJ09 or G70B.. now that is a difficult choice..

(and i looked on both websites to see whether the G70B is cheaper there.. no luck :( )
 
The A-10 has some issues mounting really big heat sinks because of the top mounted fan. Also, the door presents potential problems for X-Fi Fata1ty panels and fan controllers with big knobs. Finally, and most importantly, the A-10's patent cooling fan is ducted to the rear of the case for exhausting air over the gfx cards. The G-70 exhausts the hot air over the gfx cards straight out the side. If you head over to NewEgg, you'll see lots of reviews for the A-10 complaining that it runs hot. My vote goes to the G-70

Thank you, I think I am definitely leaning away from the PC-A10b and sticking with those cases that seem to be the definitely popular choice for many good reasons. Thanks for your help =]

Now G-70 vs. Silverstone TJ-09, that's a tough choice.

QFT! haha. :(

---
 
Back
Top