Live messenger 2011 is massive

PrincessFrosty

Supreme [H]ardness
Holy hell, i've just updated to live essentials 2011 and the new messenger is HUGE, I'm running a 2560x1600 monitor and even once you've shrunk it down to slimline view it's still really wide and chunky, really just awful.

Does anyone know of a way to get the old messnger back or am I going to have to switch to trillian or something like that?

the new trillian is really nice....minimalistic and i love it :D

(a mix of the old trillian and Astra.....soo its clean cut with aero, and you do the Astra account thing so you dont have to remember all your names/pass's)

Are your DPI settings scaled way up or something? I thought it looked fine on my 13" 1080p screen.

Top right hand corner just to the right of inbox is an icon to switch to compact view.

Top right hand corner just to the right of inbox is an icon to switch to compact view.

Indeed.

to the OP, when I updated I felt the same way, it was like WTF?! Is this a IM client or a browser? Then I saw the button and was relieved.

Are your DPI settings scaled way up or something? I thought it looked fine on my 13" 1080p screen.

A 13 inch screen that does 1080p? I don't know what's funnier, a manufacturer that produces that or a customer that would actually buy it.

Shrug, works excellent for me, for productivity having the extra width is amazing.

Actually, switching to compact view as already stated does exactly what the OP requested.

This.
I really don't see how it's so "massive". This is on a 20".

da91fc85.png

I wouldnt know, I havent used messenger in a long time now.

Nope, default.

Have you tried..... resizing it?

The minimum width is too fat for my liking, I stash the window to the bottom right of my screen and I want it nice and thin out of the way, but the thinnest you can have it is about twice the width as I'd prefer.

It's in compact view, compact view isn't compact enough :)

Probably that stupid advert, even after removing it with a patch I have to have a fat window, stupid.

Oh well the new Trillian is nice, once you've disabled all the shit that is.

this

captureng.jpg

I used to have MSN as small as I have trillian now, that's the smallest I can make live :/

If you uninstall Live Essentials 2011 and then go to Microsoft update it will offer you the old version or 2011 version. I just uninstalled the 2011 versions and that is what happened to me at Microsoft Update.

A 13 inch screen that does 1080p? I don't know what's funnier, a manufacturer that produces that or a customer that would actually buy it.

Right I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it was a typo instead of 23". lol..

If you uninstall Live Essentials 2011 and then go to Microsoft update it will offer you the old version or 2011 version. I just uninstalled the 2011 versions and that is what happened to me at Microsoft Update.

Just noticed this on my automatic updates, thanks for pointing it out :)

Back