Live from Sony's Google TV Event

I feel like I'm missing something. I don't understand the $300 to $500 price tags on these Google TV devices from Logitech and Sony.

If you don't have Dish Network, then it seems like the devices offer no more functionality than the $99 or less Apple TV or Roku.

What is the apparent hot feature I'm not seeing?

I feel like I'm missing something. I don't understand the $300 to $500 price tags on these Google TV devices from Logitech and Sony.

If you don't have Dish Network, then it seems like the devices offer no more functionality than the $99 or less Apple TV or Roku.

What is the apparent hot feature I'm not seeing?

looks like there is no magic bullet yet, i just picket up a WDTV live plus for 119 for my 2nd tv. streams almost anything from my server and does netflix pretty well.

Logitech one adds DLNA.

I'm just wondering if that blu-ray box has DLNA, because if it is it will be very interesting even at that price point

man for that price forget it. I picked up a wdtv live plus for 100 bucks and I picked up a 79 dollar bluray player last year on black Friday. I use tversity to access HULU, and the other services and wdtv i use it for all and netflix.

for that price it would be cheaper to pick up a home theater pc(premade or build and you would still be under the 500 bucks tag.)

Logitech one adds DLNA.

I'm just wondering if that blu-ray box has DLNA, because if it is it will be very interesting even at that price point

A lot of new receivers do DLNA now as well. I see Google TV being a huge fail.

I just built a kick ass HTPC for $400.

Not sure why this would be any better?

Super quiet, an MSI H57M-ED65 MB, 4GB ram, i3 530.

It has HDMI output, and DTS optical out as well.

And I can play steam on it if I want!

Why even bother with a set-top box at all at this point. With wireless video desktop cards, I can just broadcast to my tv now.

I just built a kick ass HTPC for $400.

Not sure why this would be any better?

Super quiet, an MSI H57M-ED65 MB, 4GB ram, i3 530.

It has HDMI output, and DTS optical out as well.

And I can play steam on it if I want!

At this point the best device to hook to a TV is a Windows PC. Screw these one off devices and just do it right.

Looks like more Sony "make believe" to me... They aren't in touch with reality, and haven't been for quite a while now.

Logitech one adds DLNA.

My Samsung blu ray player I bought 7 months ago has DLNA, I use it to stream from my WHS. It was $179.00 when I got it and has gotten cheaper since.

although way over priced i'll just wait till there is an "internet tv" app or the google tv os which looks to be a higher end android variant.

but that itty bitty remote looks snazzy id drop a few bux for that

My Samsung blu ray player I bought 7 months ago has DLNA, I use it to stream from my WHS. It was $179.00 when I got it and has gotten cheaper since.

Does it do video_ts and BDMV folder structure?

Back