Little red arrow pointing down

Ronin

Weaksauce
Hi there,

I have a question regarding the way the forum works... maybe you can help me out... :rolleyes:

When a thread has new post's a little red arrow pointing down appears just before the thread name... you all know this...
You also know that the arrow is a link to the first new post of the thread (the first new post you haven't read yet)... which is very usefull right? ;)

What happens is... imagine there are several threads with new posts that i havent read yet, so every one of those threads has a little red arrow... then i would click in one of the red arrows to go to the first new post i havent yet... everything works great... but lets imagine there are 3 or 4 pages of new posts in that thread so i take a few minutes to read it all... (now the "problem") ...when i return to the list of all the threads the little red arrows that were in all of the other threads that had new posts ARE GONE ! Leaving me with no way to go directly to the new posts that i havent read yet... :(
This is very annoying... and it happens all the time... i think it has something to do with the amount of time i do nothing on the page, the time i'm just reading... but i'm not sure... all i know is that if i dont take to long to read the posts (when there are just a few posts to read) the arrows don't desapear in the others threads...

Can you guys help me... can you give me some light on this?
I'm a doing something wrong? Or this is just the way the forum works?... :rolleyes:

Well... thank you for your time...

Ronin said:
...any ideia on what i could and should do? :confused:
Go grab a package of Double Stuffed Oreos. Then sit at your computer and make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser of choice. :)

OP, clear your cache and all cookies in your browser, then have another go. Make sure cookies are enabled.

And do what I do, exclusively use the BACK button! Shit doesn't get FUBAR'd with the ol' back button, no matter what.

Don't refresh the page after reading. Go back to the version of the page where you clicked your first red arrow.

Why is this now in General Software? This is feedback/problem with the forum...? :confused:

Back