Little problem with my new Corsair AX 1200i PSU

Hey guys need a little help. I just bought and mounted my corsair AX 1200i. Everything seems ok. When i turn the computer turns on, psu fan spins and windows loads. As soon as i log on to windows, the fan stops spinning. Is this normal for psu fan to stop spinning. I thought psu fan supposed to spin all the time. Please help me out. Thanks in Advance.

This is my 3rd Corsair PSU. First 2 are Corsair AX 1200. First one exploded and smoke came out of it. 2nd one just died. And I just bought the AX 1200i.

I dont know whats going on. With first 2 i had my PSU fan facing down from the case. Maybe there wasnt much room to exhaust air from bottom of the case. And this probably cause the first 2 psu to die withing 5 to 6 months. This new one i have the PSU fan pointing upward inside the case. I hope this fix the problem. But my main concern is the fan is not spinning.

First off, if you had two fail in a row, you should be making sure there isn't a short somewhere in your computer causing them to explode. What exactly are you powering?

And yes, all these newfangled power supplies have a feature called hybrid fan control. That means when temps are low enough, they will shut the fan down.

NO, the corsair power supply fan only spin when it's getting hot example when you are gaming.

First off, if you had two fail in a row, you should be making sure there isn't a short somewhere in your computer causing them to explode. What exactly are you powering?

And yes, all these newfangled power supplies have a feature called hybrid fan control. That means when temps are low enough, they will shut the fan down.

This is my system spec when i got it.

Cooler Master 942 HAF X

Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 990X 3.46GHz (Six-Core)

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Extreme (Intel X58 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)

System Memory: 12GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT with DHX

Power Supply: 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series (CMPSU-1200AX) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)

Hard Drive Set 1: 2x (120GB Solid State 520 ( Raid0 )

Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (2TB Western Digital (7200 RPM)

Optical Drive 1: Blu-Ray & DVD Writer/Reader (Burn + Play Blu-Ray & DVDs) (12x BD-R) (Lite-On iHBS112)

Video Cards: 2x SLI Quad SLI (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB (PhysX) (EVGA Classified)

Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler (High-Performance Edition)

Now i have the same system except the brand new corsair AX 1200i. Can you tell me whats causing the power supply to go bad within 5 to 6 months?

Nothing wrong hardware-wise.

Either you got extremely unlucky and ended up with two lemon PSUs out of thousands of excellent ones, or there's some wiring fault somewhere inside your case that's slowly causing your PSU to die.

Back