Little More OC on Memory Desired

irvinj

n00b
- This is what I have: GA-X58A-UD5 (Rev 2), i7 920 with PROLIMATECH Armageddon Twin Tower operating Dual Scythe SY1225SL12SH Fans in Push-Pull; G.SKILL SNIPER DDR3-2133 PC3-17000 CL9-11-10-28 24GB: Two SSD'S both Patriot Pyro SE; 120G & 240G.
- So far my best OC is 4.02G with RAM at 1608MHz CL9; running default voltages as suggested by Kyle Bennett's review. This OC "is" STABLE.
- I am satisfied with the CPU OC but I would like to take the RAM higher. I do realize the limits of the 920's Multipliers and their effect on the memory but I was hoping for something in range of 1866 or there about. Taking the OC one "tick" higher than what I now have causes instability, lock-ups & round-robins.
- I know I'll not hit the 2133 with my present system for I purchased the 2133 for future up-grades into the LGA2011 series iNtel's.
- Any ideas, suggestions or cheat-sheets for taking the RAM higher than 1608?

You will probably need to up the IMC voltage a tick or two.. maybe more.

Found my own partial answer through happen-stance. With the GA-X58A-UD5 Rev. 2; GIGABYTE has it designed in such a way that for one to use the odd multipliers (x19, x21) the HyperThread function in the BIOS must be disabled other wise, after configuring the BIOS for an odd multiplier and upon Booting Up the MoBo will automatically kick the multiplier to an even number such as x20. There is nothing in the GA Manual that I can see informing the user of this.

Back