Little help with Zotac H55-ITX

Vorg

Limp Gawd
installing this M/B in an Origen M10 which has basically a pico 150 p/s. Using an I3 - 540 cpu along with ( I have now tried 2 sets of memory now Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 & Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333) in reading the Zotac's manual it states that voltage supported on memory is 1.5v that is why I tried the 2nd set of memory.

Regardless of memory installed. I keep getting video artifacting. On the second set of memory I finally got windows 7 to load after upping the voltage to .02v even then it started to artifact after windows got loaded. It continues to do so regardless of voltage applied.

Idea's on what could be causing the problem? I have cleared CMOS and reloaded failsafe defaults in Bios but nothing works.

Video artifacting is ussually caused by overheating. Either the video chip is overheating or the memory is overheating, ussually.

thank you for that suggestion. I am using the intel cpu cooler along with artic silver 5 I can only tell you how the Bios is reporting the cpu temp as being 46c this is after several shut downs and immediate rebooting.

At one time during all of this the cpu fan had come loose and temps were as high as 76c. However I fixed that and applied AS5 again and temps came down.

only graphic being used are the onboard chip in the I3 chip no other graphics. Maybe the ram is getting how not enough air flow it is tight.

The Folks at Zotac think I have either a bad CPU or a bad M/B.

They had suggested that I remove all Ram and see if I still get artifacting. Once I remove all Ram I get no video signal. Once I put one stick in then I get a signal.

Thats why they think I have a bad chip. However, and the question is, do you need Ram installed to get a video siganl from the I3-540 chip?

Of course you do. It won't post without RAM. EVER.

Can you try with a discrete GPU as a geforce 9600 or anything actually on the PCI-e slot?

Thank you for confirming what I thought was correct. I was questioning my sanity when I was instructed by Zotac to do this.

supaahiro

Friendly Neighborhood Supaa!

Group:
Moderators Posts:
124 Joined:
24-February 10 Gender:Male Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Can you boot up without any RAM and see if you still get the artifacts?

When the moderator told me this I told self, WTH.

I still think I have some bad memory. my 3rd set is coming diffently not going to be Mushkin memory. I'm going to try Gskill evo 1.35v and see the results.

Gskill evo 1.35v This memory did the trick.

I really didn't think I was having a m/b or cpu problem my gut kept telling me it was ram. Thanks for confirming the gut feeling.

The Folks at Zotac think I have either a bad CPU or a bad M/B.

They had suggested that I remove all Ram and see if I still get artifacting. Once I remove all Ram I get no video signal. Once I put one stick in then I get a signal.

Thats why they think I have a bad chip. However, and the question is, do you need Ram installed to get a video siganl from the I3-540 chip?

After that I think I would return the Zotac Board & Get the intel (maybe the DFI). I Just had a bad runin with a zorac g43 board & returned it & then got the intel h57 board & am very pleased.

I'm also having problems with my H55-ITX. Got it about a week ago, system wouldn't POST, and no error beeps. Removed everything except vid card, RAM, CPU, same thing. Removed RAM, no RAM error beep.

I returned the board only to get told it's fine, but they sent me a new one. I didn't think I had to attach my own speaker to get error codes, and I didn't get one with my case.

One speaker later, and a completely new board, no POST and still no beep. I sent my whole PC away to find out what the hell is going wrong. Turns out it was the RAM. But why no beep? Isn't that what it's for? I wasted almost the same amount of money as the board itself just to find out it was the RAM when one long beep would've told me the same.

Is this true of all Zotac boards, or is mine just a dud?

Well mine has been fine (9300-ITX)

While I understand your complaints, RAM is the first point to check when having issues, in 50+ builds I've made I've had 1 RMA for a CPU, 1 for a DFI P55-T36, 1 for an Intel DG45ID and 4 for Corsair RAM. 2 DDR2 Dominator kits, 1 XMS2 kit, 2 for value select kits.

There should be an indicator of course, I've never faced an issue on a board without a display / or speaker so yes you are right there.

Though i don't have this board (got the DFI T36), had purchased a 2 x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline DDR3 1333. One of the sticks turned out bad. Returned the kit for another and still one of the sticks was bad. So 1 stick from old kit and 1 from the new kit is what im with now. Runs fine, but will avoid Mushkin from now on.

Back