Ok So Ive had my system chugging along with about 360 Gigs of storage for a while.
My Hard drives are no where near full but I feel like I am missing something.
Thats when I stumble upon two older Hard Drives I used to use. Only issues being the fact that they are 20G and 40G in size and are using Ide connectors. So I decide to plug them in and pull out the data and then reformat them and throw them in an older computer. Problem is that I get an error whenever I boot up. The only way to get to Windows XP is by making sure those two Hard drives dont get power.
I know they each have an OS (Windows XP Home on both) but I always thought as long as you set the Hard drive you have with your main OS as the first boot device everything would go swell.
In other words how can I find out what I have on these Hard drives within my current OS.
My Hard drives are no where near full but I feel like I am missing something.
Thats when I stumble upon two older Hard Drives I used to use. Only issues being the fact that they are 20G and 40G in size and are using Ide connectors. So I decide to plug them in and pull out the data and then reformat them and throw them in an older computer. Problem is that I get an error whenever I boot up. The only way to get to Windows XP is by making sure those two Hard drives dont get power.
I know they each have an OS (Windows XP Home on both) but I always thought as long as you set the Hard drive you have with your main OS as the first boot device everything would go swell.
In other words how can I find out what I have on these Hard drives within my current OS.