Little Doom 3 Question

Waldo

n00b
Hi. I'm new here, so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

I just bought a new BFG 6800GT, and I've heard that it can run Doom 3 on Ultra High even though it has half the VRAM recommended by id. When I try it, I get occosional pauses especially when I open doors. It's not so bad that I would consider it unplayable, but I was wondering if I could change any config-file settings to get it to work better. Running on High is not too big a deal though, as it's nearly indistinguishable from Ultra.

Anyway, I have a 4x AGP bus (which might be the problem) 768 MB RAM, and I've tried different aperature settings. If my problem is the slow bus, is it possible to make a comprimise between High and Ultra? For instance, is there a way to uncompress diffuse or specular maps.

Well ultra high quality requires more vram and more ram, because everything is uncompressed. You are better off playing on high quality because it is near the best u can get.

You really need over a gig of RAM to play on Ultra settings without getting any pauses, I have 2gig and it never pauses.

Back