Litescribe DVD's

MoJoJoJo

2[H]4U
Hey, so i am looking to get a DVD burner. I know about litescribe (the technology side) but i was wondering how prevalent it is? Is it easy to find DVD's that litescribe can write to? I hit up ebay and only found burners w/ the tech, no disc for it though.

thanks

You should be able to find the discs out there pretty easily. They do cost a few pennies more per disc, but lightscribe is cool and worth the extra pennies imho.

i get most of my media from Newegg because the local Best Buy, etc will either not carry it or it will be super expensive...

Second the super expensive. Buying anything retail is not worth it anymore.

As spot said hit up NewEgg, they have some excellent deals there, and most of it is freeship too! :)

how long does it take to put like the words "Home Videos" on it? (the lightscribe process.)

For simple stuff like that, it takes about 15 mins :eek:

For a full-blown graphic covering the entire disk using gradients, many texture changes, etc:
about 25 mins.

I bought a lightscribe disk for a 2ndary PC so I wouldnt have my main rig tied up for lightscribe. :)

What software do you guys use to burn with lightscibe. I have Nero 6 and I think I am ether retarded or the software is pure crap doing lightscribe. Any tips on using jpeg pic's or just plain full size bended text with lightscribe?

Nero CoverDesigner is what I use mainly. Unfortunately since Lightscribe is licensed, there arent any freeware programs out there.

There's a freebie version of Surething (www.surething.com) that does lightscribe. Its supposedly easier to manage.

I'll claim ignorance, I havent used it. Many have, many like it. I've just used Nero's thingy because 1) I'm lazy, 2) I've only used my lightscribe a half-dozen times. :)

edit: surething isnt a "freebie" its a 2 week trial. Full product costs $25

Back