Liteon 4x DVD Writer $80

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Livewarehouse has the LiteOn LDW-411S 4X DVD±RW Dual Drive Lite-On Beige Bezel - $80 with Promo Code: liteon6 (Free FedEx Saver)
*Add Nero for only $5.99 (Limit One pc per order)

I've had that same burner since Black Friday, it's been absolutely a wonderful burner so far, i've never regreted purchasing it. :D Burns 4x DVD-/+R's in about 12-14 minutes.

On the NERO:

Promotion ENDED on 3/5/04 (Friday)
Regular Price is now $9.99
(Free Priority Mail Shipping)

That drive is hackable to 8x burning. Pretty decent deal.

I think he means that there is a firmware update. Sometimes you can take the firmware from a different drive like the LiteOn 8x burner for example and flash your 4x drive into an 8x.

nope... it is a hack.

just for fair warning:
1) it will invalidate your warranty
2) plenty have tried and some have died
3) it only changes record speed on +R media RATED @8X if your media is 1, 2. 2.4, or 4 x it will make NO DIFFERENCE

if you just can't hold it together and are jonesing for it check out club.cdfreaks.com or atomicforums or http://www.speedlabs.org/forum/index.php

i have both an 811 and a 411 both have only had firmware adjustments from time to time and i have had no real need to hack the 411 to make it burn faster.

I got mine on Black Friday also, and I STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY REBATES.

Originally posted by sleepy
nope... it is a hack.

just for fair warning:
1) it will invalidate your warranty
2) plenty have tried and some have died
3) it only changes record speed on +R media RATED @8X if your media is 1, 2. 2.4, or 4 x it will make NO DIFFERENCE

Small correction... certain 4X rated media, eg. Taiyo Yuden 4X +R, Verbatim Datalife Plus 4X +R and RicohJPNR01 4X+R WILL BURN AT 8X in the hacked 411.

are DVD+-rs the same as CDRs in the aspect of speed rating, like if its a 52x CDR you can use any speed up to it, so if its a 8x DVDR you can go any speed up to it? I just wasn't sure if dvdrs were picky about that

kthx

From what I understand and have seen you CANNOT firmware update this burner to an 8x writer. TONS and TONS of people have made there drive useless because they saw sutff like this then tried to do it themselves. My friend did some firmware bs and his drive just blinks now, it does nothing but act a paperweight.

are DVD+-rs the same as CDRs in the aspect of speed rating, like if its a 52x CDR you can use any speed up to it, so if its a 8x DVDR you can go any speed up to it? I just wasn't sure if dvdrs were picky about that

Yep, they're like that. But DVDR discs are specced to run well at a certain speed, ie. an 8X disc will burn at 4X, but the best results (lowest error rates) will most probably be obtained when the disc is burnt at 8X.

(Except when you're burning shitty Princo 4X DVD-R discs at 4X.. they suck big-time.. gotta burn them at 2X :p )

Tengis, you're friend messed up big time. Speedlabs.org have a foolproof mod available, and loads and loads of people have done the mod successfully.

Back