Lite-Brite case mod idea

CzarDestructo

Limp Gawd
I don't have the time or resources,but someone should turn the side of their case into a lite brite board. put a second layer into a case side, add a few CCFLs, buy a few lite brites and drill hols big enough for the pegs. Large scale Lite-Brite ahoy! Change the picture on your case every month :)

lol, that lite-brite song used to get stuck in my head...i used to sing it in a girly high voice...ahhhh, prepubescence...:p

that would be kind of cool...kind of a "retro-cheesy" kind of look...

i used it at my grandma's house...i'd get so pissed i'd just get up and leave...you can't make a freakin boat...those damn kids in the commercials...probly some child prodigy :p

it would be true "lite-brite" in the sense, unless you used the pegs and crap...you could just mod an old one...that would be cool...

/runs to find grandma's lite-brite

hehe

it was the first pic i found when searching 'lite brite'

2318165-L.jpg

looks pretty cool

you can't make a freakin boat...those damn kids in the commercials...probly some child prodigy

Nah, you just needed parents to buy you the inserts. Inserts were just a piece black paper with where each color of peg of labeled on it, just push the right peg through and you have whatever they had on it. :p

that cube looks really small. might make a great external hard drive array. stick a USB hub inside with a few external hard drive guts and some drives in there with a small PSU :)

Devilpup said:
what would be better is an etch-a-sketch window design

Stepper motor controlled etch-a-sketch.

Edit: Wait a sec.... Etch-a-sketch means shaking the computer violently to erase it...

What I would love to mod into the side of a case is one of these .
Hopefully it's okay to link to ebay.....that was the first place I was able to find a pic of one of those. Can you imagine the looks you'd get at a LAN party?? :cool:

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol, then it blew up in ur face and everyone laughed...and then continued to play UT2004 :p...

but yeah, those things are awesome, i want one...BUT $84 is a little too much for me right now...

I temporarily had a Luminglas running in the side panel of my computer, until I killed the poor disc :( Not quite sure how, I think I cracked the glass around the electrode and atmosphere leaked into the low pressure gas environment inside. I never had any interference problems, tested for quite awhile. It looked quite cool too, the light moved around and this eerie blue glow flickered around inside the case. Unfortunately I never bothered to take pictures before it died :mad:

Yoshi (I know how everyone here loves him) has a case with three custom made Luminglass panels in it. So, it's been done, anyway.

You can get the Luminglas panels for 40-50 bucks on Ebay fairly frequently. Wal-mart even had a crappy looking one for 20 bucks.

Nivram said:
What I would love to mod into the side of a case is one of these .
Hopefully it's okay to link to ebay.....that was the first place I was able to find a pic of one of those. Can you imagine the looks you'd get at a LAN party?? :cool:

i got one of those for my birthday, but i dont use it anymore because its bright as hell. its heavy for its size

Edit: it sits in my room, i didnt mod it or anything

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back