List the programs you use.

I tried Code::Blocks, Geany, Eclipse, and a couple of others; in the end, I found them all to be more trouble than they were worth. Back to vim/gcc/gdb (and SciTE on occasion, for heavy cut-and-pasting between files).
 
I use phpDesigner2008 for all of my web coding. Netbeans for java. Flash CS3 for flash/actionscript.
 
VS2005
VS2008
SQL2005
SQL2008
Resharpener
VisualSVN
PureCM
TortoiseSVN
Gimp
 
for php/html/css:

notepad++
photoshop

For all other coding (mostly C++, and some C#)

notepad++
G++ (for Linux c++)
dev-c++ (for windows c++)
csc (for C#)

I actually prefer command line compiling as I can actually script it as part of my program. All my programs have a -compile flag that basically makes it compile itself then rerun. That way if I have long compile strings I don't have to remember them, they're built in. There's also a -debug which adds extra compile options. I've basically built my own little framework that I keep adding/modifying.
 
Back
Top